Hello all

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robeert

Reaction score
New member.
Have been making extract kits in a bucket and then under pressure in a PET conical uni-tank since Covid lockdowns and recently got a Guten 50L at the Black Friday sales 2022. Nearly finished drinking my first all-grain, Keg King's "No Sweat IPA" West Coast IPA. Turned out well.
I'm located in regional Vic, near Alexandra. Off grid and use rain water (that's all there is).

New member.
Have been making extract kits in a bucket and then under pressure in a PET conical uni-tank since Covid lockdowns and recently got a Guten 50L at the Black Friday sales 2022. Nearly finished drinking my first all-grain, Keg King's "No Sweat IPA" West Coast IPA. Turned out well.
I'm located in regional Vic, near Alexandra. Off grid and use rain water (that's all there is).
Welcome Rob, I lived in a place called Bungendore many years ago and when I changed to all-grain brewing I wondered why I couldn't get conversion. Turned out their was som much magnesium (from memory) in the water it was way too hard. In those days it wasn't the science (at a hobby level anyway that it is today) and found a mix of water from the rain tank and town worked fine. With your rain water it may be too soft for some styles of beer, and while I haven't used it if you get into all grain then their is a very good water calculator called BreWater.
cheers

Latest posts

Back