Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Many of you will remember [or even more likely if you crawled you won't] from previous years the Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl.

Well its my dubious duty to inform you that the crawl is once again on this year. As ever its a non-profit non-sensical event designed to bring merriment to the tastebuds of people the world over.

All you have to be involved is have a beer somewhere on Saturday 26th May - anywhere at all really.

We already have people signed up inAfrica, Antartica, Europe, North & South America and of course Australia signed up for this years crawl - but we need many more to rival the number of cities and venues from previous crawls.

More details over at the website - http://www.geocities.com/pyssedas/index.html

And of course im happy to answer questions here!

Cheers

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl Update, In this weeks edition:
South Africa takes the lead
How to count Antarctica?
Exploratory mission to some Australian venues
Asia still vacant

6 continents, 6 countries, 14 cities, 10 venues!
In news that will cheer the hearts of a nation crushed by Australia in the Cricket World Cup over the weekend, South Africa has taken a clear lead in terms of cities and venues for this years crawl. While it is somewhat tricky to figure out how to count Pretoria where numerous venues are participating [but not necessarily on one long crawl], there are 4 different cities/suburbs participating. Australia is in second place with 3 cities, and the US, with the addition of Gardiner, Maine moves up to second [depending on how you count Doggers efforts in Canada.]

For the full list head over to http://www.geocities.com/pyssedas/index

How to count Antarctic venues?
This of course leads us to the tricky question of how to count the two Antarctic venues, Scott and McMurdo bases. Which countries are they in? Do they count as cities? What are the names of the venues they are drinking at? Your thoughts, particularly if you are Antarctic would be most welcome. Some new people may not have seen the crawl forum yet it is an excellent place to debate important matters like this;

http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=6

Exploratory Mission to Melbourne[ish] venues
One of the ideas that the Melbourne Australia crew is toying with is hiring a bus and taking the crawl to the country in particular to Holgate brewery in Woodend. Yesterday 4 of the crew did an exploratory mission to the Diggers Rest [including the Houdini monument], Gisborne, Macedon and Woodend. Photos and other things will follow on the forum suffice it to say that many fine brews were located at Holgate. More exploratory missions to follow

Asia still vacant:
While our London England host from last year finds herself in Japan now, we are still yet to officially find Asian participants if you think you know someone who might be able to assist please let them know.

In fact, why not forward this email on to people you know wherever they might be momentum is building, but time is also running out the US in particular is well behind on its former efforts

And don't forget we are once again compiling free Crawler's Almanacs this year - but we rely on contributions of photos, drawings, memories of previous crawls, reviews of venues - hell anything at all - we need them by the end of April so we can get them out in time.

As ever if you require any further information just get in touch [email protected]

cheers
Dave

Another quick update on the crawl:

We now have free stickers created to promote the crawl if you would like some just get in touch with me and Ill send them out to you.

We now have Manila on board so there are drinkers on every continent, but we still need many more to rival last years efforts the good people of South Africa are showing the rest of the world how it is done at the moment I cant believe how far behind Australia has fallen at the moment, and the efforts of the US are well behind their usual high standards check out where the crawl is already taking place [and sign up] over at http://www.geocities.com/pyssedas/index

Cheers

Hi Everyone just a very quick update to say that this week we welcomed Adelaide, Las Vegas and Hofstetten to the crawl. Time is beginning to run out so if you are interested in getting involved please drop us a line at [email protected] soon or check out one of the previously mentioned websites!

Just a quick update for this week: Weve welcomed Paris, Dublin and Brighton, England to the crawl this week. Hofstetten in Germany had the longest single crawl of 9 bars early in the week, but Brisbane Australia now has a 27 pub crawl planned.

Only 2 weeks remain for people who want to get the their cities/venues registered to be on the t-shirts check out who is already signed up over at http://www.geocities.com/pyssedas/index

1 week left till we close the t-shirt designs, so if you have a bar, pub or gin haunt that you want listed on the back let us know asap. With Orange County, Soldotna, Wieslet, Maria Alm, & Denver joining the crawl, and new venues in Melbourne, Capetown and Hofstetten we are now up to 7 continents, 12 countries, 30 cities and 82 venues participating!

Hi everyone if youve already signed up for the crawl please check that I the details of your venues listed correctly over on the page - http://www.geocities.com/pyssedas/index.htm its the details here that we will use on the t-shirts

If you havent yet signed up then dont delay in about 24 hours I will have to finalise the t-shirt design and your fine venues will miss out on being listed.

So far we have:
7 continents
14 countries
56 cities
106 venues

Dont be the last person on earth to sign up! www.pyssedas.com for more details

Hi Everyone only 15 sleeps to go to the pubcrawl and its not too late to register venues the number of cities participating continues to climb if you havent been over to the site recently to see who has signed up why not do so check out our abusive letter to the Mayor of Sydney while you are there sooner or later they will give in and participate!

Not long to go now will the Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl lurches into action and its your absolutely, absolutely last chance to sign up in the next 24 hours or so to get your drinking efforts listed on the website. [http://www.Pyssedas.com follow the links to the crawl].

So get together some friends and your shiniest drinking pannikins and drop us a line so far we have 140 venues in 62 towns and cities in 16 countries on all 7 continents participating!

I'm planning on joining the Brizzy group, if anyone else is interested :party:

cheers Ross

if anyone is going on the melbourne bus tour it would be great to meet up, espicially as it looks like i'll be going alone

-Phill

Ross - excellent - if you like i can track down the phone numbers of some of the other Brizzy crawlers - although i live in fear of what kind of nick they will be in by the end of 27 pubs [presuming they get to 27!]

Dark - you won't be going alone brother - there will be at least 33 others on the bus

Crawl on, crawl onnnnnnn, with hope, in your heart, and you'll never crawl alone, you'll neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr crawl alone.................

Ross - excellent - if you like i can track down the phone numbers of some of the other Brizzy crawlers - although i live in fear of what kind of nick they will be in by the end of 27 pubs [presuming they get to 27!]

Dark - you won't be going alone brother - there will be at least 33 others on the bus

Crawl on, crawl onnnnnnn, with hope, in your heart, and you'll never crawl alone, you'll neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr crawl alone.................

No need mate, already made contact & going to the pre-crawl BBQ :party:

Cheers Ross

they're BBQing beforehand? Sounding more and more dangerous by the second...

PS there are still a couple of spots on the Melbourne/country Vic bus trip for those that are interested - including visit to Holgate

I'm planning on joining the Brizzy group, if anyone else is interested :party:

cheers Ross

I'm a possible at this stage - although I could be installing a water tank on Saturday.

I just checked the forecast for Brisbane and it said there might be a shower or two on Saturday - that's no time to be installing a water tank if i remember by occupational and health safety training properly

I just checked the forecast for Brisbane and it said there might be a shower or two on Saturday - that's no time to be installing a water tank if i remember by occupational and health safety training properly

Mate, we've got level 5 water restrictions here - clouds aren't allowed to waste water on the ground.

Anyone interested in joining the Brizzy crawl, we're meeting at the Caxton at 5pm.
If you want to catch up later in the crawl, give me a call on 0412 666952 & hopefully I'll hear it :party:

Cheers Ross

Back