Grain To Water? And Ideas!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO!!!

I mean read the books, by all means, but this site is full of bloody helpful blokes with great info. This argument is going on around you no need to take any of it to heart. Just read all of it, take it in and make up your own mind. We can all take this caper a bit too seriously sometimes but remember that even when people are arguing both sides might have something relevant to say. Read as much as you can.

Agreed.

And Paul i apologise if my or anyone elses words have confused you.

Paul dont leave this site as it has tonnes of great advice and tonnes of good guys.
Just take your time in digesting it all, so trawl through the site at your own pace.

Maybe even see if there is a brew club registered with the site in your area and get some advice face to face.

Good luck Paul.

Cheers,
Plyers

Correct. 1:1 it will be different. But it can be substituted.

Ahh, the word according to John. I like to steep my grains at 64C for an hour. To mash is to steep, see a dictionary.

Steeping differs from mashing in that there is no enzyme activity taking place to convert grain or adjunct starches to sugars.

Back