Grain mill Xmas sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkuna

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for a grain mill for Xmas. Thinking of a 2 roller as I only brew a mini or partial. Looking for suggestions of where to buy and which brand. Please help

Mashmaster Mini mill brought at craftbrewer Brissy has been doing the job with their new fluted roller design,over $200ish.

The malt muncher type should do you just fine for partials and minis. Mine was great, and the access to cheaper grain through bulk buys was brilliant. However, I am going for the Mashmaster for Christmas. All reports are of awesomeness.

Mashmaster is great. I have a "hybrid" version with one knurled and one fluted roller, but I would imagine the new two fluted roller ones would be just as good if not better.

Mardoo said:
The malt muncher type should do you just fine for partials and minis. Mine was great, and the access to cheaper grain through bulk buys was brilliant. However, I am going for the Mashmaster for Christmas. All reports are of awesomeness.
They work just fine for full scale batches too, but they just don't stand up to long term use IMHO
the knurling on mine is fine, but the end plates have some wearing and the bearings are shot

I'd go the Mash master if I had my time again, buy right buy once.

Running grain through twice is some times used for specific spec grains. If your having to do this all the time, it would point to an issue with your adjustment or knurling wear,

Yeah I was thinking about that I'm trying to justify the money $$ I'm hoping for a Xmas new year sale Does anyone know the best place to buy?

Mash master mill plus hopper $350. Plus base board. Maybe Bunnings $20. Does it come with a handle or do you need a power device??$370 plus shipping $$ i could buy 2 or 3 malt munchers for that [emoji9]

I'm going to buy the alt Muncher. Plenty of people use them and for $120 delivered (or less) it's a good, economical way to get into milling your own grain.

Buy a two roller mill, I believe three roller mills are better at catching brewers money than improving a crush.

I own an old Valley Mill, no longer made. I bought it back when we only had a choice of Malt Munchers or Valley Mills, imported by the buyer from the US or Canada.
Today you have quite a choice right here in Oz, now if, or when I replace mills it will be a Mash Master.

If your just starting out or not crushing much grain buy a cheapie, you can always sell it here when your ready to upgrade.

I will sell you my Mashmaster mini for a reasonable price. The only problem is I jammed the original crank on it and cant get it off!!! I also purchased the new hopper but the crank cannot pass the top of the hopper. You will have to figure a way to get the crank off. $150 its yours.

Latest posts

Back