Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a good walk, not to far....and you pass 1 pub on the way there and back.( several more if we get lost ), so if we get a bit dehydrated we can call in part way there and grab some fluids

Farkin ell, for some reason I thought this tasting night was Saturday the 2nd, until I drove past the showgrounds today wondering why the smell was so bad and there was a higher amount of inbred looking humans about, turns out they are Carnies and the show is actually 1 week sooner then I thought.
So now to explain to the missus that I wont be getting blind playing 2 up at the RSL Club, and then having a beer tasting night the weekend after, im fitting them all into 1 weekend. That's really a bonus in the brownie point situation.

WOOT WOOT!!!

p.s. 2-up anyone?

I just remembered about 2up........

This weekend is going to be EPIC... :D . Home brew tasting and 2up, how good is that

Meanwhile Matt is now going into panic attack about his choice of Brewing Pals :p

Ducatiboy stu said:
This weekend is going to be EPIC... :D . Home brew tasting and 2up, how good is that
I hadn't even thought of that, might head up a little earlier to squeeze in some beer and 2-up beforehand! Hell yes, Saturday is going to be off the charts.

Schedule for the day for those wishing to participate:

GRAFTON (ANZAC Day - Sat 25 April 2015)
5.45am Assemble outside Council Chambers for march to Memorial Park
6.00am Dawn Service at Grafton Memorial Park, followed by Gunfire breakfast at Grafton District Services Club ($10 donation).
9.30am All organisations and individuals are invited to take part in the procession and
should assemble in Prince Street (Market Square) for march to Memorial Park
The march will include participants of the Anzac Light Horse Enlistment Re-enactment Horse Ride
10.00am Civic commemoration at Cenotaph, Memorial Park
Followed by lunch at Grafton District Services Club ($15 donation)

I do ANZAC every year.

A friend of mine is first to open the bar at Roches after the ceremony. Its a Rule that he opens the bar on ANZAC day

It a good ceremony, held down by the river

shaunous said:
Meanwhile Matt is now going into panic attack about his choice of Brewing Pals :p
I was going to post something humorous in response to this comment, but it really is good to see the support of this event by those that have entered, and are coming along.

The behavior and conduct of virtually everyone last year was excellent!

We have the use again of the main pavillion for judging, so it is important we do the right thing again.

Remember, bring no beers with you to the judging (no byo). There really will be no need to drink before the event, and everyone will be made to walk in a straight line, and recite the alphabet backwards before being admitted.

At this stage there will be at least 4 professional brewers in attendance for judging, all from different breweries. Just waiting to see how many entries we receive.

The plan is to get through the judging quicker this year, by having different classes being judged simultaneously rather than everything sequentially. Therefore it is possible we may need a few volunteers to help out with different tasks once we see how things pan out.

Once the judging formalities are over, there should be time to enjoy the day, chat with the brewers, have a sausage sandwich or two, and still have time to party after you leave.

Be sure to look out for your mates, and have fun.

RSVP for judging

Have an idea who is coming, but to assist with catering can you please email your First & Last name, AHB user name, and details of anyone accompanying you (such as spouse or designated driver) to:

[email protected]

Thanks
Matt

Brew Matt said:
Remember, bring no beers with you to the judging (no byo). There really will be no need to drink before the event, and everyone will be made to walk in a straight line, and recite the alphabet backwards before being admitted.
Thank the lord for that, last years spectator entry requirements where extremely difficult to pass last year

Brew Matt said:
. Therefore it is possible we may need a few volunteers to help out with different tasks once we see how things pan out.
Have you got my contact details. Let me know before hand so I know where I am at.

I will take full responsabilty for getting the visiting brewers there roughly on time

Actually I am not working Friday, so I will call in.

Glad we got the Pavillion to judge in. Its a beautiful old building full of history

I'll be doing dawn service over South Grafton, but I want to be there in Grafton when the 100+ horses ride down the main street as part of the light horse re-enactment.

Im mustering cattle and branding calves Thursday and Friday, so i'll be one sore mutha by Saturday, and be in need for a real cold beverage, after a dawn service rum and milk of coarse.

I do agree with you Matt, just poking fun, this years event looks more streamlined and all credit goes to you and Jack, last years had some lengthy teething issues where no one was to blame bar our inexperience and massive amount of entries. We needed a few BYO's last year, this year im sure they will not be needed as we'll be busy tasting anyway.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Actually I am not working Friday, so I will call in.

Glad we got the Pavillion to judge in. Its a beautiful old building full of history
Been to 2 weddings in it this year already, 1 last weekend.

Latest posts

Back