Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riding (motorbike) down from Armidale tomorrow morning not sure what time yet, if you see a black Triumph Sprint give us a hoy! See you all tomorrow some time.

South Services bar opens at 5.30am if you get thirsty Bribie.

welp, eggs, bacon and coffee have been ingested
I guess I should pack a bag and get on the road soon
Might try and get there in time to see the horses

Ready for judging
2015-04-25 14.00.40.jpg

I left about 5.15pm & they were about half way through then. Four judging tables so they were getting it done pretty quick.

I wasn't there last year but it all seemed to flow ok from approx. 3 pm till about 7.30 there abouts with most of the dregs being consumed after judging of each brew.
was a bit of a fizzer with all the grafton water holes shutting there doors @ 9.30 a forced shutdown we believe from some morons brawling over 2 up bloody dry nite after writing for 3 hours but I suppose I could just drive home in the morning cheers
ken

I should have also added that I met some great blokes in my 2 nite stay @ roches and had a ggod time see ya next year if not sooner

Yes it was a shame that 2 F^%$wits causing a brawl at a different pub wrecked the night for everyone. :angry:

Yes it was a forced shutdown by the boys in blue. They didnt want the trouble spreading by angry drunks moving to other venues

Taxi drivers where not happy either as it pretty much killed their nights takings by 10:00pm

We where having a fat old time back at the pub

Good to see the guys from QLD.

We will have to do it all over again next year

Some nice entries, but all the Kit ( unmodified ) ones where very, very ordinary

Some of the all grain dark beers where nice, and the Stouts :D

Was good to see some of the visitors put there hand up as scribes for the judges :beerbang:

Was a very good day :D and night all up.

A shame they ruined the night :(...

Made two Tripels today.. So one of em Ill Call the Grafton Triple and try to enter it next year :)

Latest posts

Back