Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why has the Rail, Tram and Bus Union taken strike action against Metro Trains?
The industrial dispute is about power. The RTBU is locked in an arm wrestle with Metro about who controls the working conditions of staff. Metro's offer of a 17 per cent pay rise over four years might be generous enough for the union to agree to, if it weren't for the big changes to working conditions Metro insists must go with it. The union has vowed it will not give up hard-won protections of its members' work-life balance. The two sides are as far apart as ever on this, even though talks have been going for five months. Further strike action has not been ruled out.
So what does Metro want to change?
Metro wants control over when and where it rosters train drivers to work and it wants to reduce the number of weeks' training it takes to become a qualified driver. It says current arrangements get in the way of its ability to run a reliable railway, which has experienced a doubling of patronage since 2000.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/train-strike-whats-really-at-stake-for-metro-in-melbourne-20150907-gjgzy4.html#ixzz3l6HwjzeS
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Exactly. Another case of management being denied the right to manage.

So what does Metro want to change?
Metro wants control over when and where it rosters train drivers to work and it wants to reduce the number of weeks' training it takes to become a qualified driver. It says current arrangements get in the way of its ability to run a reliable railway, which has experienced a doubling of patronage since 2000.
To run the network smoothly as commuter numbers continue to grow, the company wants to split Melbourne's suburban rail network into five discrete groups, with minimal crossover points between them, which is how many of the world's great metro systems function. That way, a disruption can be contained to one group and not spread across the wider system.

The roster system has all but been agreed between Metro and the RTBU it just has to go to members.

abbott and truss both lied about the northstar cruises claim of being told by officials to reflag vessel as foreign to hire cheap foreign labour.
Australian government bureaucrats have admitted to a senate committee yesterday they discussed options with cruise operator Bill Milby which involved him hiring foreign crew under a foreign flag.

seamad said:
abbott and truss both lied about the northstar cruises claim of being told by officials to reflag vessel as foreign to hire cheap foreign labour.
Australian government bureaucrats have admitted to a senate committee yesterday they discussed options with cruise operator Bill Milby which involved him hiring foreign crew under a foreign flag.
No, they simply misrepresented their position in order to avoid unnecessary angst to australian workers and the general public. They have been applauded for their generosity of spirit and ask the australian public to trust them in all matters and negotiations which they are currently undertaking. Anybody doubting them have been described as un-australian and unworthy of being represented by them and other members of the govt.

Screw that I want to know my train driver is highly trained (bwah ha ha) not there on a cut down training plan to save a few dollars, wtf does metro know about running a train network any way? They think that the best way to deal with a train that is running late is to not stop at stations. So your train is running late, therefore you are running late and then the train doesn't even stop at the station you need to disembark at...
I've tried to stay away from this thread, some of is just infuriating.
503640-3ab9960e-8223-11e3-90a9-2f6f5b597dd3.jpg

This pic always makes me feel a bit better for some reason...

chafta keeps looking better and better for aussies
Department of Immigration and Border Protection first assistant secretary David Wilden said that if the free trade agreement came into effect, there would no longer be labour market testing for Chinese nurses, engineers, and other Skills Category 3 occupations.

Bridges said:
Screw that I want to know my train driver is highly trained (bwah ha ha) not there on a cut down training plan to save a few dollars, wtf does metro know about running a train network any way? They think that the best way to deal with a train that is running late is to not stop at stations. So your train is running late, therefore you are running late and then the train doesn't even stop at the station you need to disembark at...
I've tried to stay away from this thread, some of is just infuriating.
503640-3ab9960e-8223-11e3-90a9-2f6f5b597dd3.jpg

This pic always makes me feel a bit better for some reason...
That pic explains quite a lot really - especially the appeal of (easy to remember) 3 word slogans

Except I can't explain the trainers pants.

real_beer said:
64 pages in 5 weeks & 2 days I should open a web site called "Goodbye Bronwyn" and make a few bob off webpage ads. Might even make enough too buy a model helicopter :lol:
Yeah, might do, but the model Bronwyns are pricey.

If Metro are supplying the driverless trains to Sydney, they should think of doing the same in Melbourne, bring us up to speed with all the other major cities operating them.

seamad said:
always could make your own helicopter

Bronnie would never fit her hair under the canopy.

Last edited by a moderator:
manticle said:
Wait till you watch the rest of the series.
I tried watching another episode but I started to get this nervous twitch sort of thing in my neck and my vision went blurry.

Kind of like what happens when I read this thread...........

pcmfisher said:
I tried watching another episode but I started to get this nervous twitch sort of thing in my neck and my vision went blurry.

Kind of like what happens when I read this thread...........

You need to wean yourself into Firth cartoons. Try starting on something less traumatizing like Spoilsbury Toast Boy. Pretty sure it was Mants who was responsible for sending me to that link too. (Four sessions a week you twisted f@#k.)

Back