Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
The 17% has been knocked back by the unions, 3% now 14% over 4 years.
So the union went against a 17% and want 14% over 4 years

Your arguments are running dry WEAL

Thin end of wedge there,go for what you can get,get that thin edge in and then hammer it home.

Implied for ****'s sake. He inferred from their implications.

The proof of the pudding has gone down the toilet because it refused to toe the line.

Or line's as some might have it.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I am very happy with that. I would rather vote for a party that keeps pay, conditions & rights for workers than a government that wants to take away these things
This is and important thing but is ultimately secondary. There is no point forsaking the rights of businesses for the sake of worker rights because without businesses there is no workers.

Balance is key.

Burt de Ernie said:
This is and important thing but is ultimately secondary. There is no point forsaking the rights of businesses for the sake of worker rights because without businesses there is no workers.

Balance is key.
And without workers, you dont have business

Ducatiboy stu said:
And without workers, you dont have business
True! but this is not a case of the chicken and the egg.

The workers never come first. They are only ever a consequence.

Edit: At the moment my company is turning away work and I am constantly interviewing people but wont employ until we get the correct fit.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Which is a pretty shit way of looking at it.
I assume you have said this because the comment gives and un-arguable perspective.

That being said I am in the same boat as you and every other employee out there however, I am lucky enough to be in an industry where unions are not required. If I were in a less valued working industry I would also be in a Union which in the past I have been.

Burt de Ernie said:
I assume you have said this because the comment gives and un-arguable perspective.
No. Its just a really shit way of looking at it

manticle said:
Hope there's fuckin' biscuits in there. I'd murder a blind, deaf negroid paddy mcskip pom for a monte carlo or one of those dark, almost black tim tams.

Although a golden gaytime would also go down a treat.

For the record WEAL, I'm an anarcho-individualistic libertarian with optimistic nihilist tendencies and I thoroughly support anyone's right to be a racist arsehole in verbal or written communication.
The same communication can and should be used to rebut, rejoinder and debate all unintelligent behaviour. Communication, rather than legislation. It can also be used simply to remind some people of the racist arseholes they really are. The fact that Andrew Bolt somehow seems genuinely hurt when someone suggests he is a racist is almost as hilarious as the fact he believes his politics are moderate or only slightly right of centre. Legislation used against these kinds of people just provides excuses for martydom.

That said, I've not been a target of racial abuse. I might feel differently if I had been.
I have ... Aboriginals tried to mug me on two separate occasions and each time I was called over with the " come here you racist white c#nt "

Haha funny fellas

Burt de Ernie said:

Balance is key.
Don't know about secondary but this is a good point. No point clinging to your conditions if it causes the business to go out of business.

Balance is key definitely. This isn't the 70's or whatever golden era we once had. We shouldn't just give up and all work for $10 an hour though, but we have to adjust things.

I work in manufacturing, steel manufacturing and to stay competitive is a massive challenge. Both sides need to compromise to keep it competitive, or at least stay in the game. In my role now, in the space of around 8 years I am now doing work that other people did when I started. Those people are gone now.It's not a great feeling but if we didn't do it, no one would be here.

What do you do?

It's annoying though, past managements poor management skill means severe measures have to be put in place in a short amount of time. Though those people don't end up losing their jobs, the people on shop floor level do. Fair enough I suppose, your choice to remain a shop floor worker ( I'm more than happy with that choice and accept the risk ).

Also, cutting jobs or wages to me personally seems like an excuse to cover up poor business management skills in a lot of cases. It's lazy economic policy.

Everyone likes a winner, and I am a very bad loser, so I do like to win.

Ducatiboy stu said:
That says a lot about a person

I am teaching my kids that winning isn't everything and that they should treat those that lose the same is those that win
At sport winning is not that important, though to me even that was, I am talking about life in general and business, in business the stakes are high, money is at stake, and that's money which is going to provide a good education for my kids, look after their future,as well as mine and my wife's.So I don't think that's bad.

Some people will go through life, gamble, lose their home even lose their wife and kids, what do they do go on the Old King Cole and let the tax payers take care of them and their family.To me it isn't the winners you should be crook on its the losers

Burt de Ernie said:
The workers never come first. They are only ever a consequence.
You could also replace 'workers' with 'constituent' in the broader sense.
Show up, be productive, pay your taxes and die before we have to shell out for your pension and medical expenses in your dotage. Cold but true.
Ultimately the house (government) always wins, followed by the intermediarys in the short wig and robes. Brokering a compromise between two sides that seem to be locked in a 1984-esque perpetual squabble must be a nice little earner. Do you think they actually want true harmony between employers / employees? Of course not. Keep em at each others throats no matter how petty the slight or perceived infringement.

Anyway.

How about that Bronwyn Bishop. What a bloody cheek!

Dave70 said:
How about that Bronwyn Bishop. What a bloody cheek!
I think Sir Tony is going to make Bronwyn the Queen of Australia

I think its entirely appropriate that we have our own born and breed Queen

Not sure if Liz would be to keen on it

71106d71f3ba14fe802c65a8bd03a347.jpg

Ducatiboy stu said:
I think Sir Tony is going to make Bronwyn the Queen of Australia

I think its entirely appropriate that we have our own born and breed Queen

Not sure if Liz would be to keen on it

71106d71f3ba14fe802c65a8bd03a347.jpg
Scary thing is that this is not entirely implausible.

Back