Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
That's why we don't need a union, with FWC the employee comes off best,
Not sure that all those 7 eleven employees would agree with that part of the statement

, they even o/k'd the strike by the RTBU because a 17% pay rise was not enough,
Yeah...but the isn't the FWC overseen by the Abbott Government ?

Ducatiboy stu said:
Not sure that all those 7 eleven employees would agree with that part of the statement
If they didnt like it couldnt they leave and go somewhere else ?

Yes, they could have. But when the FWC looked into it they achieved **** all. Sure they issued a few fines, but they where less than the money owed to the employees. And then they kept letting them do it.

******* joke at times

Ducatiboy stu said:

Yeah...but the isn't the FWC overseen by the Abbott Government ?
$90,000 for the workers and each franchisee breaking the law $150,000 fine

Working of the FWC is independent of the government.

Working of the FWC is independent of the government.
So why the reference the the Vic Premier attending Union meetings if the FWC is independant. ......

just dont get it how nothing can be better than refusing less than a minimum wage ?

But the FWC agree. What has the state premier got to do with it. He is only supporting something the FWC also agree's with.

Did he tell the FWC to allow them to strike ?

No one can tell the FWC what they can adjudicate.

Sam Dastyari even went to the RTBU rally, shows you the power of the puppet master unions over the Labor Party.

Best part is it won't be Metro who loses any money, the fares will go up and it will put more cost of living on their poor fellow workers travelling to work.

No one can tell the FWC what they can adjudicate.

Sam Dastyari even went to the RTBU rally, shows you the power of the puppet master unions over the Labor Party.
So what is your point exactly. ?....Because at the moment your not actually making one, your just saying that some Labor politicians are supporting the Union and that you dont like it

FWC agreed with the Union. What has that got to do with Labor politicains supporting them...

Your slipping WEAL

The point is a vote for Labor is a vote for the Unions, if you are happy with that that is your choice, but for me to vote Labor would be like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

FWC allowed the strike to go ahead, that was before Sam Dastyari came down for Rally.

So, are you happy that the only people to be hurt by the pay rise of 17% plus are going to be the fellow workers who commute by rail and tram? I would really like to hear your view on that.

FWC allowed the strike to go ahead, that was before Sam Dastyari came down for Rally.
And ...your point being..?

The point is a vote for Labor is a vote for the Unions, if you are happy with that that is your choice, but for me to vote Labor would be like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.
I am very happy with that. I would rather vote for a party that keeps pay, conditions & rights for workers than a government that wants to take away these things

There is always 7 eleven when times get tough

So, are you happy that the only people to be hurt by the pay rise of 17% plus are going to be the fellow workers who commute by rail and tram? I would really like to hear your view on that.
Dont live in the City. ( But I made a lifestyle choice :D )

Is the 17% rise really going to send fares skyrocketing. ( I havnt got a clue what a ticket costs cause I havent caught public transport in 15-20yrs )

We dont get any joy in the bush by paying more for petrol than you city folk do ( and we dont have much in the way of public transport either )

I have a son who is a plumber working on 888 Collins street Docklands, all the plasterers are illegal Chinese workers, when they get paid they have the legitimate pay on the payslip, and the money matches the payslip but they have to give a donation back to the paymaster.
Its no coincidence that the union rep for the site turns up when they get paid, and liaises with the paymaster afterwards. :ph34r:

Surely a case of do as I say, not do as I do when it comes to illegal workers taking Aussie jobs.

just to put this into perspective:

https://np.reddit.com/r/melbourne/comments/3ijwhj/metro_trains_staff_to_go_on_strike_on_friday_4th/cuhamwa

[–]topgreen 150 points 11 days ago
Currently we start and finish work at the same location. I live in the eastern suburbs and work at an outstation near where I live. With the new system they want to change it around completely. Firstly they don't want you to start and finish work at the same place, so you might start work at Ringwood station and finish work at Werribee. This means you have to travel back to Ringwood in your own time if that is where you live. Their second proposal causes more problems because they want to change the rostering system completely. Currently rosters are worked out well in advance. I work a 40 week roster, so I can look up months ahead and know exactly what time I start work and what my days off are. Their new system means we will only have 11 hours notice of what shift I'm doing tomorrow. I live in Ringwood so I'd ring up for tomorrow's shift and they say I have to go to Sunbury (as an example) to start work. So I travel to Sunbury but my shift might finish at Frankston...or Ringwood. But because I started work at 4:00am I have to drive the car to work so I have to return to Sunbury to get my car then drive back home to Ringwood. The following day I ring up and they say I have to start at Werribee. It could be anywhere in the system.
I've got young kids and pay for childcare. I'll have no consistency, not know what I'm doing each day and cannot plan for anything. The only rule is we need 11 hours off between shifts so I could start at 4:00am on Monday, 7:00pm Tuesday,, 2:00pm Wednesday, 9:00am Thursday and so on... Would you want to catch my train knowing that? Currently we do morning shifts all week then change to night shift the following week with the ability to swap shifts. Fatigue management is a serious and important factor in our jobs and they want to take that away.
This dispute is not about money, it is not about pay rises. It's about working conditions and my ability to function as a human being while trying to do a job that I take very seriously. I worked very hard to get my drivers qualifications. Ask any train driver how hard the course was, they have a huge failure rate because the course is so difficult but you can be assured the person sitting up the front of your train knows exactly what they are doing and you know they've had enough sleep last night. The job is stressful sometimes but we accept that because all jobs are in their own way, but what management want to do will cause damage to the public transport system and I guarantee more mistakes will occur because of the added stress the these change will create.
I've got 35 years left until I retire (assuming the robots don't take over before then) and it's a job I enjoy and take pride in. These changes will take away all that and it's something that's worth fighting for. I'm just sorry the short term industrial action is causing issues for passengers but I've got a long time left until I retire and I want to make sure it's a job I can guarantee is safe for myself and the thousands of people I take to work every day.

Yes, nothing in there about not knowing what the rosters they were on.

Metro has agreed that where a majority of members prefer the current rotations, rosters will be altered to reflect a pattern as close as possible to the current existing rotations. FINACIAL DISADVANTAGE • The RTBU opposes our members being financially disadvantaged. In some instances members were going to be up to eight thousand dollars worse off a year. • Metro has now agreed to a series of compromises that will reduce financial disadvantage. Negotiations continue on this question as we strive to get the best possible outcome for members. SHIFTS OF OVER 8 HOURS • The RTBU has been against the introduction of any additional shifts of over 8 hours, to protect members’ work/ life balance and to prevent fatigue. Many of the proposed rosters include shifts of over 10 hours. • Metro has agreed in SOME instances to return the weekend shifts to 8 hours and utilise a PT member to cover the mid. Negotiations continue on this matter. DISPLACEMENTS • Many of the new proposed rosters have less positions on the roster for the station than currently exists. In such situations some members will be “displaced” There is an agreement between the RTBU and Metro to ensure the protection of any displaced members: there are no job losses, people cannot be forced to move to stations where it is totally unreasonable to work. The preference is that members be moved within their current work area or closer to home.

Back