Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you were good enough and worked hard enough, you'd have heaps put aside.

Failure is always your fault.

manticle said:
I know loads of people who get back up when they're knocked down and who are tougher than anyone when you consider what life has thrown at them. I can't measure their strength or success by the size of their bank balance or company position.
And they are the people who earn my respect.

Not the elitist view that if you dont succeed then your are worthless. Those people will never earn my respect

Burt de Ernie said:
Yep......and that view usually is that whining is going to better position them in life......
My point was that when it comes to whinging, we're all as bad each other.

wide eyed and legless said:
I don't see everyone who disagrees with me as a whinger, the ones who I would refer to as a whinger are the ones who whinge, whether it be about the job they are in, don't get enough money, critisise their employer, the situation anyone finds them self in is of their own making.Nobody else's.

I wouldn't say I was whinging for putting up a counter argument when someone puts in their view of the LNP, most of this post has been critisising the LNP but I don't deride anyone for it, or try to belittle someone as a lazy whinger if they don't agree with me. :D
I complain about many things and don't like the way in which many people operate. But, I have never genuinely whinged about my work situation. I am regularly questioned about the decisions I've taken regarding my employment. Many people admit they can't comprehend my choices but they have been my choices. However, not everyone has had the same opportunity that allows choice to be part of the equation.

Ducatiboy stu said:
But not always.

I know some very good carpenter/builders who are renowned for their workmanship. They still struggle to find work sometimes.

When there is no work, what then ?
Bit of a silly question. What does any business do when there is no work?

Burt de Ernie said:
Bit of a silly question. What does any business do when there is no work?
They die or diversify.

But diversification also has its own risks

Burt de Ernie said:
This just goes to show how poor they were at their job regardless of actual trade skill.

Assuming this is a work colleague who is drowning, you should be sacked for standing by taking pleasure in it.

Imagine have having to work alongside this arsehat^^
Poor at their job? Haha they were so good they carried the bloke above them. That bloke above him happily took all the credit and knifed the bloke when it was restructure time. Now when the penny has dropped that he has to pick up the slack, he is drowning because he knows it is quite obvious he doesn't know what he's doing.

I'm taking pleasure because he shafted probably the best bloke in his position in the department, and now he's realised his ambition has far outweighed his talent and for a long time has taken credit for someone else's work.

When I was working on the railways, we had a saying about blokes like that.

" He was promoted to his level of incompetence "

Ducatiboy stu said:
If only that easy

It takes time to re-train and re-skill.

what does one do in the meantime ?
This day and age you should always be looking for something else as there is no such thing as a life long job anymore.

For instance....if you are a concreter then its is likely that your days are numbered. This could be said for any number of trades which is due to technology.

What you choose to do with this information is up to you. I heard in China they are printed entire houses.

Last edited by a moderator:
mje1980 said:
Poor at their job? Haha they were so good they carried the bloke above them. That bloke above him happily took all the credit and knifed the bloke when it was restructure time. Now when the penny has dropped that he has to pick up the slack, he is drowning because he knows it is quite obvious he doesn't know what he's doing.

I'm taking pleasure because he shafted probably the best bloke in his position in the department, and now he's realised his ambition has far outweighed his talent and for a long time has taken credit for someone else's work.
I say poor at their job because no matter how much baseline skill you have, if you don't know the politics then you are just the labor.

If this guy was so good, how come he was not the boss?

manticle said:
WEAL - You don't strike me as someone who respects people for having a go, win or lose. You strike me as someone who respects people for having a go (regardless of who or what they walk over to do it) so long as they win. That may be untrue but it's how you come across, at least to me.
Every body likes a winner, and I am a very bad loser, so I do like to win, but I do respect someone who has a go,even if they lose, and it isn't a matter of walking over people unless they are your competitor, all is fair in love and war.

Burt de Ernie said:
I say poor at their job because no matter how much baseline skill you have, if you don't know the politics then you are just the labor.

If this guy was so good, how come he was not the boss?
I'd rather be poor for my whole life ( and I wouldn't complain for a second ) than try to impress someone I thought was an oxygen thief just to earn more money or get promoted.

The bloke involved just wanted to do his job, had no interest in jumping in the vipers pit that is working in management for a big company. Some great people there for sure, but also a lot of used car salesmen.

mje1980 said:
I'd rather be poor for my whole life ( and I wouldn't complain for a second ) than try to impress someone I thought was an oxygen thief just to earn more money or get promoted.
This is unfortunate because all businesses particularly private ones require some sort of marketing and sales whether it be to your current customers, new customers or manager/boss which is in affect just trying to impress someone regardless of who they are. Generally the more the business/individual has to gain from the situation be it financially or otherwise the more they will do.

Me, I try to not make my family suffer due to my moral stances. If I had I would have never made it through my apprenticeship.

For instance........I actually got paid less than I was worth just to get the apprenticeship.

Burt de Ernie said:
For instance........I actually got paid less than I was worth just to get the apprenticeship.
Welcome the world of being an apprentice. But the dividends long term make up for the short term.

Burt de Ernie said:
This day and age you should always be looking for something else as there is no such thing as a life long job anymore.

For instance....if you are a concreter then its is likely that your days are numbered. This could be said for any number of trades which is due to technology.

What you choose to do with this information is up to you. I heard in China they are printed entire houses.
Not numbered anytime soon. Not until the majority of construction is full architectural wank. While I've seen from my side of the fence (sparky) over the years changes on high-rise construction with those huge screeding machines and the efficiencies they bring, the majority of concrete poured in my lifetime will still be flat slabs that don't require a gazillion dollar concrete printer.
As you were concreters, no ones coming to stop you and your 3pm knock-off any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
wide eyed and legless said:
Every body likes a winner, and I am a very bad loser,
That says a lot about a person

I am teaching my kids that winning isn't everything and that they should treat those that lose the same is those that win

Burt de Ernie said:
This is unfortunate because all businesses particularly private ones require some sort of marketing and sales whether it be to your current customers, new customers or manager/boss which is in affect just trying to impress someone regardless of who they are. Generally the more the business/individual has to gain from the situation be it financially or otherwise the more they will do.

Me, I try to not make my family suffer due to my moral stances. If I had I would have never made it through my apprenticeship.

I teach my kids that money isn't everything and that being a suck hole is degrading and selling yourself out. I don't need or want millions, because I live a simple life. No need for fancy wanky keeping up with jones type material crap. Right now I'm sitting in front of s firepit watching the kids toast marshmallows while sipping a brett mild. Life is good

Only a rat can win a rat race

Enjoy your day mate

image.jpg

You can't compete with arseholes who are willing to work for well below the basic wage in their fucken blacked out windowed buses. I worked with a crew of very efficient vineyard workers who created an industry, who were bumped so crooked contractors could ripoff their own countrymen of refugees and fucken burn us. Up to 20% youth unemployment in this region and no help from any c@#t. So Bronwyn can go to the opera as far as I'm concerned. Hello to the arsehole corporate wine industry.

mje1980 said:
I teach my kids that money isn't everything and that being a suck hole is degrading and selling yourself out. I don't need or want millions, because I live a simple life. No need for fancy wanky keeping up with jones type material crap. Right now I'm sitting in front of s firepit watching the kids toast marshmallows while sipping a brett mild. Life is good

Only a rat can win a rat race

Enjoy your day mate
That's a fantastic picture and I am quite envious.

I teach my kids money and education equates to options.

Whilst most would agree that money is not everything, not having options can be devastating to ones life. Whilst it is a noble gesture opting for the simple life for oneself, I would rather kiss the arse that requires kissing so that in the future my kids have the option of having the life where the jones keep up with them or alternatively taking the simple life option.

But hey...im a selfless kind of guy.

Latest posts

Back