Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coalminer said:
And the pond scum rises to the top of the water boardroom

Anyway this thread has gone further OT than the Flouride debate.

Might need some moderation
You are responding to a person who believes the best measure of a human being's value is their bank balance. WEAL's view of the world allows Eddie Obeid to be considered a more worthwhile person than Catherine Hamlin.

Would you really like this thread to be moderated so that it is restricted to direct commentary on Bronwyn Bishop? Conversation isn't strictly linear and some of the more interesting parts of this thread have little to do with the original post. I'm all for keeping brewing threads on topic because they are meant to exist as an information source regarding something specific. However, non-brewing ramblings such as this thread should be able to run a natural conversational course.

It could be argued the thread hasn't strayed too much as Bronwyn Bishop exemplifies the problems that can arise when the self-obsessed combine to form political, social and economic hegemonies.

WEALS view of the world respects those who will have a go, win or lose, not to sit and complain about what life dishes up to them,how bad their job is, how poorly they are paid, I have metastatic cancer and more than likely won't be around much longer but I have come to respect that tumor, 3 lots of chemo 1 lot of aggressive radiotherapy and it still comes back bigger than before.
But I am not going to resign from life until the lights go out, I am not going to complain that life isn't fair, make sarcastic comments or snide sniping remarks, or refer to anyone as idiots because they don't agree with my views.

wide eyed and legless said:
WEALS view of the world respects those who will have a go, win or lose, not to sit and complain about what life dishes up to them,how bad their job is, how poorly they are paid,
And there is nothing wrong with that.

But not everyone gets a fair chance in life

WEAL, you characterise everyone who disagrees with you as a whinger who has no clue what they're talking about. In terms of political parties you constantly whinge about one party whilst deriding anyone who critisises the party you support. You fail to see that the people you seek to belittle as lazy whingers are also just having a go. The only difference is they hold different views to you.

To be honest, I see just as much zeal, if not more, from the ALP supporters.
I've seen more derisive comments aimed at WEAL than from WEAL.
I think we all need to lighten up a bit and realise we're just a bunch of homebrewers talking about what needs to be done while not doing a God damned thing about it.

If you vote Labor or belong to a Union ( and read Fairfax press & watch the ABC ) then you are worthless.....

mje1980 said:
What planet do you two live on ?. I've seen excellent trades lose their job because they spent more time on the floor getting things done than in the office with their bosses ( playing solitaire ), who, now the tradesman is gone have no ******* idea how things work or how to maintain them.

I'm quite enjoying one particular idiot slowly drown under the pressure of trying to get things done after knifing the tradesman under him ( one of the hardest working and most knowledgable ).
This just goes to show how poor they were at their job regardless of actual trade skill.

Assuming this is a work colleague who is drowning, you should be sacked for standing by taking pleasure in it.

Imagine have having to work alongside this arsehat^^

Burt de Ernie said:
Who here has not had a fair chance at life??
I know a few. They may not be on here, but life certainly has delt them some lemons

goomboogo said:
WEAL, you characterise everyone who disagrees with you as a whinger who has no clue what they're talking about. In terms of political parties you constantly whinge about one party whilst deriding anyone who critisises the party you support. You fail to see that the people you seek to belittle as lazy whingers are also just having a go. The only difference is they hold different views to you.
Yep......and that view usually is that whining is going to better position them in life......

manticle said:
Yep. Anyone out of work must be shit.
Well, if you're a good tradesperson, you would do quality work, be professional in your conduct, be reliable and generally take a bit of pride in what you're doing, among other things.

When you do that, you tend to get ongoing work, recommendations and referrals and that means you are usually busy.

If you don't do those things and you're struggling to find work, well maybe you are shit.

I'm sure there are good tradespeople who struggle to find regular work, but from my experience the good ones seem to do alright.

Black Devil Dog said:
I'm sure there are good tradespeople who struggle to find regular work, but from my experience the good ones seem to do alright.
But not always.

I know some very good carpenter/builders who are renowned for their workmanship. They still struggle to find work sometimes.

When there is no work, what then ?

goomboogo said:
I don't see everyone who disagrees with me as a whinger, the ones who I would refer to as a whinger are the ones who whinge, whether it be about the job they are in, don't get enough money, critisise their employer, the situation anyone finds them self in is of their own making.Nobody else's.

I wouldn't say I was whinging for putting up a counter argument when someone puts in their view of the LNP, most of this post has been critisising the LNP but I don't deride anyone for it, or try to belittle someone as a lazy whinger if they don't agree with me. :D

Ducatiboy stu said:
But not always.

I know some very good carpenter/builders who are renowned for their workmanship. They still struggle to find work sometimes.

When there is no work, what then ?
If there is no work in that particular trade then look at doing something else, look at the posts in the career change thread.

Most people here aren't complaining about how hard their life is. I'm certainly not.
I'm a big believer in having a go, taking the bull by the horns, looking after yourself, etc and yes I am enjoying the fruits of that labour (which consists of much more than finance).

The difference is that I don't believe that everyone starts with the same opportunity as me and to insist that they do or always blame people for their problems involves using selective blinkers.
WEAL - You don't strike me as someone who respects people for having a go, win or lose. You strike me as someone who respects people for having a go (regardless of who or what they walk over to do it) so long as they win. That may be untrue but it's how you come across, at least to me.

I know loads of people who get back up when they're knocked down and who are tougher than anyone when you consider what life has thrown at them. I can't measure their strength or success by the size of their bank balance or company position.

Dave70 said:
30% of the Netherlands sits below sea level. I assume a man whos handy with laying pipe is quite desirable.
Bell ends facing in the direction of the flow, please.

wide eyed and legless said:
If there is no work in that particular trade then look at doing something else, look at the posts in the career change thread.
If only that easy

It takes time to re-train and re-skill.

what does one do in the meantime ?

Latest posts

Back