Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burt de Ernie said:
Apparently we in the shit because we cant do job interviews at the pub anymores.....
Cant begin to tell you how many job/contracts/work was bartered in the pub I have seen over the years.

And a lot still is on a local level

You will always find the best tradies via the pub B)

Black Devil Dog said:
The best tradies are busy working, the others are struggling to find work.
And the best tradies can actually afford to go to the pub

Ducatiboy stu said:
Cant begin to tell you how many job/contracts/work was bartered in the pub I have seen over the years.

And a lot still is on a local level

You will always find the best tradies via the pub B)
You always find alcoholic tradies via the pub.

Let me guess.........the next two best places after the pub to find a job or to procure a contract is the local whore house an drug den right?.......

What planet do you two live on ?. I've seen excellent trades lose their job because they spent more time on the floor getting things done than in the office with their bosses ( playing solitaire ), who, now the tradesman is gone have no ******* idea how things work or how to maintain them.

I'm quite enjoying one particular idiot slowly drown under the pressure of trying to get things done after knifing the tradesman under him ( one of the hardest working and most knowledgable ).

Does this happen everywhere you have worked, or just this one place where you are now?
Sounds like a government workshop, but I doubt there are many of those left.

wide eyed and legless said:
The cream always rises to the top. (S. Freud)
And the pond scum rises to the top of the water boardroom

Anyway this thread has gone further OT than the Flouride debate.

Might need some moderation

wide eyed and legless said:
Does this happen everywhere you have worked, or just this one place where you are now?
Sounds like a government workshop, but I doubt there are many of those left.
Big company. Happens often. Want to get promoted? Go to a particular church on Sunday, then, regardless of your work performance, you're safe. Sounds downright ridiculous but I've seen who stays when we "restructure" and who goes and performance often has no bearing on if you stay or go

Latest posts

Back