Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony Abbott v Tony Abbott in question time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=42&v=q99VsIec2gg

Luckily being a well paid tradesman I have that option too, which I'm grateful for.

wide eyed and legless said:
Mate you can talk yourself down just as much as you can talk yourself up, you've got to start and look for the positive side of life, not what you feel are the negative sides of your life.
Not knocking myself down, simply an observation on the realities of the world/country we have come to find ourselves in. And while there are quite a few of what some might see as negatives in my life, most days I do pretty well at seeing the upsides which are certainly present.

Burt de Ernie said:
Wow....you sound like you have had a few to many knock backs in your life.

Like all environments from the start of time, you either adapt or you fade away.

The question I have for anyone on a rant is what have you done to change or better the situation? In most cases the answer no doubt will end at the rant itself.
Not a rant, more like a slightly disjointed observation of the realities which are going on in our country/world for those who wish to look. I do get seriously pissed off at what I see as factors out of our control which are knocking many people down harder and harder every day, factors which our govts are complicit in with no real care for the people in this country, and I mean ALL people, not just ones right at the top of the tree. Those who are never going to have the werewithal to go out and make a good go for themselves. Or are these the ones who you would prefer would just fade away. Maybe we could save the country a few quid and do the humane thing and put them out of their misery. Would you be ok with that?

Like most, yeah, a few knockbacks/knockdowns. But it is not those that have shaped my views.

union.jpg

malt & barley blues said:
If we can blame anybody we can point the finger at Genghis Khan, he had the opportunity to put the Islamist' s to the sword but chose not to.
Fair go, the man had a lot on his plate. The citizens of central Asia weren't about to just rape and massacre themselves you know.

pcmfisher said:
After seeing that, I will never be the same.
There have been comments about this thread having a bit of everything. It truly only lived up to that once we had Salad Fingers. Every thread needs the love of rusty spoons.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Where's the card that appreciates what unions have achieved (quite some time ago for the most part on that list) but states your frustration with what they've become? At least as far as trade unions (the line of work I'm attached to) go.

jlm said:
Where's the card that appreciates what unions have achieved (quite some time ago for the most part on that list) but states your frustration with what they've become? At least as far as trade unions (the line of work I'm attached to) go.
I feel that the Union have started to run out of things to achieve ( in a broader social/work aspect ) They have already achieved good working conditions, leave conditions, super etc...

They are still keeping workplaces safe and fighting against potentially unjust policies. I guess this leaves the union reps at the top with more spare time, and when people have nothing to do they tend to get up to mischef.

Our job now, is to hold on to what we have won over the years. It's always been a battle and always will be. Granted there are a few gormless and corrupt turds in the union movement, but overall the aim is true. A fair days work for a fair days pay. It's a shame those 7eleven workers weren't in the union.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Aint that right WEAL....oh and Fairwork Australia really helped them guys out
Hey. Fairwork and my union did nothing for us. When you realize who owns vineyards, people such as commissioners, lawyers, professors, judges, doctors, prominent ex-footballers, Rhode-schoalars, politicians and nothing happens, it's obvious you're pissing into the wind. You know somethings going on.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Aint that right WEAL....oh and Fairwork Australia really helped them guys out
That's why we don't need a union, with FWC the employee comes off best,even if an employee steals from the company that's still alright by FWC, they even o/k'd the strike by the RTBU because a 17% pay rise was not enough, that's what happens when you have a State Premier who still attends union meetings.

I wonder if Shifty Shorten negotiated the wages for 7 eleven workers, and say well at least they are employed while pocketing a back hander from the franchisees. ;)

jlm said:
special gay rights for sparkies is next.... ?

Back