Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
As much as I think tony is an embarassing nob and as much as I'd like to see most LNP front benchers die in a fire, I think a lot of the reported economic statistics are disingenuous at best, complete emotive bollocks at worst. Just read that unemployment fell from 6.1 % to 6 %. Total number (not relative but absolute) of people out of work today is higher than 1994. Total number of people owning custom made goldfish jackets for little fishy number one has probably increased since then as has the number of people who may or may not own goldfish.

Statisticians are crying everywhere.
I don't think that is the problem.

People arn't wearing enough hats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=O2QJvc_SxFQ

wide eyed and legless said:
Almost half the jobs are part-time jobs. The ABS Labour Force (seasonally adjusted) estimates for August 2015 show underemployment at 8.4% and total labour underutilisation rate was 14.3 per cent. This represents more than one million people underemployed with a total of 1.8 million workers either unemployed or underemployed. In terms of employment, the country is definitely going backwards as these figures present a picture that is far from rosy. What was Manticle saying yesterday about damned statistics. They can say anything a person wants them to say.

I agree that the figures aren't accurate, but they must have a bench mark to work from. Otherwise the ABS wouldn't be able to say whether the figures have gone up or down.
In any government you will also have the faceless employees working for cash, and I believe that is far higher than most people would imagine, we also have to take a few percentage points off for those that won't work.

They've got a new sound bite to add to the drivel...as well as fixing jobs and growing the economy, they've just added 'community safety' to the cliched answer listings of what this govt is doing. Must have been a few tragedies in the last couple days.....

....and they axed the mining tax.

Apart from that, they have achieved **** all

I agree that the figures aren't accurate, but they must have a bench mark to work from. Otherwise the ABS wouldn't be able to say whether the figures have gone up or down.
In any government you will also have the faceless employees working for cash, and I believe that is far higher than most people would imagine, we also have to take a few percentage points off for those that won't work.
Not to mention a whole heap of people who have the money working for them

Burt de Ernie said:
That's 1 up on the ALP....
Hardly a glowing recommendation.
'Hey guys we did possibly mildly better than a bunch of infighting geese whose politics become more like ours every day. High five'.

tweedle dee or tweedle dum.
where's gough when you need him??

penny wong sounds like a good future. at least she sounds calm, intelligent and doesn't say everything 4 times cos we're too stupid to get it the first 3 times.

Did they stop the boats, or just stop the reporting of the boats? And how is that anything to boast about, there's a lot of blood on the hands of this mob. Just ask those sent back with full knowledge of the torture and death awaiting them.

And recent labor's policies on asylum seekers are/were shameful and just as disingenuous.

Ahh, sorry, missed the typo. And yeah, I'm not saying the other mob are not as culpable.....there's much reason for all of 'em to hang their heads in shame, if they understood the meaning of the word.

I wasn't questioning the accuracy of the numbers. I was pointing out the rather parlous state of the jobs market.

Back