Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burt de Ernie said:
Not to mention a whole heap of people who have the money working for them
Very true, I wonder if the pensioners who didn't put money away for their old age and are now having to carry on working, are they included in the jobs figures.

Goat bacon
Ducatiboy stu said:
Have you ever wrapped bacon around a fillet of goat ( with seeded mustard ) and done it in the oven.

Goes very well with beer

Vote 1 Manticle for PM

Is there anything bacon cannot do?

Only because so many refuse to eat it. I reckon warring parties should make truces based around cured pork products.

seamad said:
solve the problems in the middle east
Aussie fighter jet.jpg

Problem solved........or made worse???

Dont think the jewish would go for it...

manticle said:
Only because so many refuse to eat it. I reckon warring parties should make truces based around cured pork products.
Cant see the Jews or Muslims going for it

On the flip side, more Bacon & Ham for us atheists and agnostics

Ducatiboy stu said:
At least we have universal health care.

No if's. no but's,

Does not matter who you are,if you have the money to pay for it you will get treated with the best health care available regardless of who you are.

Anyone who wants to take away something like that I personally have a real problem with.

I cannot understand why some political views want to go the way of of the USA
FTFY

malt & barley blues said:
Oh dear, our health care system is free.

If you want to go private and pay then that is up to you. But it doesnt make it better than the public system.

Note: Elective surgery is a different case, you can pay to have your done when you want rather than having to wait on line

You do not get the best health care available with our health system, urgent surgery would be the same as private, but the best drugs and medicines available are not available to the public or private patients,they are usually so expensive that the health care system cannot afford to pay for them they have to be paid for by the patient.

wide eyed and legless said:
You do not get the best health care available with our health system, urgent surgery would be the same as private, but the best drugs and medicines available are not available to the public or private patients,they are usually so expensive that the health care system cannot afford to pay for them they have to be paid for by the patient.
There are always going to be exceptions like that. And even the best drugs and medicines are not allways available to those who can afford them.

And sorry WEAL, I will argue that we do get the best health care available in our health care system

Ducatiboy stu said:
And sorry WEAL, I will argue that we do get the best health care available in our health care system
You have to be joking!!!
If my wife had elected to go through the "public health system" for her surgery and chemotherapy associated with small bowel cancer she was told it would be a 6 to 9 month wait as it was not considered to be immediate life threatening and therefore not urgent at the time.- We were fortunate and able to go via the private health system and she went into surgery 3 days after seeing the surgeon (a week after receiving the above advise) followed by two rounds of chemo without any wait period.
Not many weeks go by with out a report somewhere (Newspaper,TV etc) detailing the extensive wait times for people waiting for treatment in the public system for cancer related illnesses. Try getting an MRI or PET scan in the public system in under three to six months where as via the private system we got MRI scans within 1 to 2 weeks max and PET scans within three weeks. Some surgery for cancer related illnesses can have you waiting for up to 12 months

Not sure what this has got to the original subject but seems appropriate in the context of the current direction of this thread

Wobbly

WHO have a list. Haven't looked at the criteria but we are ranked 32.

Still think provision of health services and education are two of the most important services a government can provide.

wobbly said:
Try getting an MRI or PET scan in the public system in under three to six months
I have had a an MRI in the same day I was admitted to a public hospital.

According to the World Health Organisation.

http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian-health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/

If our health system was going to improve we will have to pay more than what we are paying now, as Dave 70 said in an earlier post we go to work, pay taxes, retire, and the government hope you fall off the perch.
People are going to be living longer but it only means a bigger strain on our health system, retirement be locked in at an older age and pensions will come down with super kicking in.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I have had a an MRI in the same day I was admitted to a public hospital.
Fair enough but what conditions were you admitted to hospital? General Admission or Emergency Department
It sounds like you were "in the system" and not on the list waiting to get in the system

Wobbly

I agree we are going to have to pay more. This is a fact that cant be avoided, largely due to the baby boomer population.

Health care costs big bucks. You wont get any arguments from me there, and if we all have to pay more tax's to pay for our health care system then I am all for it. As long it is for everyone, not just a select few

The number 1 country (France) on that list have a universal healthcare system so our model is on the right track.
Everyone is covered, rich or poor for everything from mental illness to terminal, broken legs to dental care. Everyone contributes.

Latest posts

Back