Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
Everyone likes a winner, and I am a very bad loser, so I do like to win.

I am talking about life in general and business, in business the stakes are high, money is at stake, and that's money which is going to provide a good education for my kids, look after their future,as well as mine and my wife's.So I don't think that's bad.
Yet you don't like the idea of rail workers attempting to have a win regarding their pay and conditions. It would seem you fall short when gauged on your own rhetoric. What you really mean is; you only like some people having a go and you only like some people winning.

goomboogo said:
Yet you don't like the idea of rail workers attempting to have a win regarding their pay and conditions. It would seem you fall short when gauged on your own rhetoric. What you really mean is; you only like non union people having a go and you only like LNP people winning.

goomboogo said:
Yet you don't like the idea of rail workers attempting to have a win regarding their pay and conditions. It would seem you fall short when gauged on your own rhetoric. What you really mean is; you only like some people having a go and you only like some people winning.
The idea of rail workers attempting to have a win doesn't bother me in the slightest, how they go about having a win is what I don't agree with, the delegates left the negotiating table to flex some muscle, disrupting the lives of commuters, workers just like themselves, maybe even union members.
This sort of action by the RTBU is archaic in this day and age, even the pleas by their own Labor transport minister not to strike was not heeded by the delegates.
I like anyone having a go, on a level playing field, staging a strike by a mere handful of drivers and disrupting the lives of thousands of fellow workers is not something to be proud of.
The only good thing to come out of it was the $28,000 collected for the Syrian refugees by those commuters, so in my opinion it was the commuters who I applaud as the winners.

Seems like you would rather live under a Chinese system. So why are you not still there?

The idea of rail workers attempting to have a win doesn't bother me in the slightest, how they go about having a win is what I don't agree with, the delegates left the negotiating table to flex some muscle, disrupting the lives of commuters, workers just like themselves, maybe even union members.
This sort of action by the RTBU is archaic in this day and age, even the pleas by their own Labor transport minister not to strike was not heeded by the delegates.
I like anyone having a go, on a level playing field, staging a strike by a mere handful of drivers and disrupting the lives of thousands of fellow workers is not something to be proud of.
The only good thing to come out of it was the $28,000 collected for the Syrian refugees by those commuters, so in my opinion it was the commuters who I applaud as the winners.
Strikes do seem somewhat of a blunt and uninspired tool, especially if you're hoping to elicit a little solidarity from the man in the street.
Fair enough if you work in an underground mine thats skimping on pit props, but it should be a last resort, not the default setting when negotiations stall.

And what is the Chinese system?
That it's cheaper to back over and kill the pedestrian you just hit than let them live and cover their costs?

(Don't deny it WEAL. I read it on the internet so it's definitely true.)

That is true, you can't even stop and help someone who has been in a traffic accident, you even get people in the street who see a westerner and collapse hoping you will go and help them, if you do they will put the blame on the person helping.

Camo6 said:
That it's cheaper to back over and kill the pedestrian you just hit than let them live and cover their costs?

(Don't deny it WEAL. I read it on the internet so it's definitely true.)
Probably more humane than the American system when you dial 911 and wait for the ambos while they bleed out as to avoid any possible litigation brought about by the victim or their family should your good samaritan first aid skills not be quite up to par.

(saw that in a docudrama, so also obviously accurate)

Best part is it won't be Metro who loses any money, the fares will go up and it will put more cost of living on their poor fellow workers travelling to work.

The idea of rail workers attempting to have a win doesn't bother me in the slightest,

This sort of action by the RTBU is archaic in this day and age,
What made you change your view in the space of three days? Also, if you think a strike is archaic then you must think Metro's approach is positively medievil.

Liam_snorkel said:
haha, **** me. Gotta give Tony credit for sticking to his story, regardless of how idiotic it is.

Sales - "Australia's economic position has worsened under your leadership"
Abbott - "the boats have stopped"
Sales - "we're talking about the economy"

https://www.facebook.com/ABC730/videos/10153641561499516/
I thought on election night 2013; we now have our own George W. Bush. Tony Abbott, the bumbling moron has dragged himself under a very low bar and met the expectations born on that September evening two years ago.

The slogan bogan was even worse than usual last night ( on the 7 .5 report ), Tony Windsor made the comment that he thought Abbott has given up on himself.
The last time the unemployment rate was above 6% for 15 straight months was when Abbott was minister for employment. One of the few economic stats that has gone up with this government...

^

1392340738917.jpg

As much as I think tony is an embarassing nob and as much as I'd like to see most LNP front benchers die in a fire, I think a lot of the reported economic statistics are disingenuous at best, complete emotive bollocks at worst. Just read that unemployment fell from 6.1 % to 6 %. Total number (not relative but absolute) of people out of work today is higher than 1994. Total number of people owning custom made goldfish jackets for little fishy number one has probably increased since then as has the number of people who may or may not own goldfish.

Statisticians are crying everywhere.

Dave70 said:
Probably more humane than the American system when you dial 911 and wait for the ambos while they bleed out as to avoid any possible litigation brought about by the victim or their family should your good samaritan first aid skills not be quite up to par.

(saw that in a docudrama, so also obviously accurate)

At least we have universal health care.

No if's. no but's,

Does not matter who you are, you will get treated with the best health care available regardless of who you are.

Anyone who wants to take away something like that I personally have a real problem with.

I cannot understand why some political views want to go the way of of the USA

at least our health care isn't quite as altruistic as spain. under their constitution, they can't charge anybody for being hospitalised in their country. net result is a queue of americans lined up cos they got terminal diseases. it's now really difficult for an american over about 14 years old and can't run 1000m in under a minute to get a visa to visit spain.
(this from an american embassy worker married to a spaniard in the village what i live in when in spain.)

Back