Gold Coast Homebrewer's Club?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpowell

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering whether any of the other homebrewers on the Gold Coast have thought much about starting a local homebrew club? I've been toying with the idea of joining BABBS, but a local club would obviously be a better option. Has there been much discussion in the past on this topic?

Just how many brewers are there in the Gold Coast region anyway?

Cheers,
Michael :)

The Nerang homebrew shop has some kind of club. If you spend enough money in there store they invite you to taste testing and comps n stuff, Im not sure how it works exactly but i am a member.

I've never been part of anything like that and don't know exactly how it all works but if ever we had somthing like that on the G.C I'd like to check it out. :)

Definitely count me in for this. It would be good to get some bulk-buys organised in the future, considering we'll all likely fairly close together.

Doesn't the Nerang shop do mostly stills and a few kit beers? Or am I thinking of a different one?

This had been discussed a little at the start of the year - a very good venue along with some expert advice had been offered, but no-one had the time to tee it up.

I'm interested, there seems to be enough brewers here on the coast. We just need some people to put in the time to do the ground work.

I'm more than happy to help set it up, but am not in a position (in terms of knowledge/brewing experience or time) to 'run the show.'

Kev

I'd probably come along to a few meets to taste (and share) everybodys beers.

Also if you want to organise a bulk buy just go in with the brisbane boys ( i do ) and ill pick it all up and you can pick it up from my house (in ashmore). i have a ute

too late for this one tho.

Sounds Good, The Nerang Brew Shop has a wide selection of kits and LME etc.
Not sure if they stock grains, haven't Asked.
I know the burliegh one doesn't.

the Nerang shop dosnt realy have much in the way of grains, maybe some 0.5kg bags on the shelf. They don't have much of a yeast selection either and the only hops they have are the 12g morgans teadbags. I think the owners are more into making wine and spirits then beer.

Nerang has 50g packs of hop pellets and some small packs of steeping grain as well as the hop tea bags.

Was in there this arvo and noticed about a dozen brown grolsch bottles which were being discussed recently in a separate thread. Thought some might like to know.

Burleigh doesn't have much of anything.

Kev

I believe I was thinking of a shop in Southport, I've never been to the Nerang one.

Perhaps we should start an article/wiki with a list of GC members that are interested? might work better than a thread that'll disappear.

I'm interested. I'm only into K and K at the moment but would like to at least taste some of this AG that is so often talked about.

Damian.

If you try some, you likely won't want to bother with K&K any more. AG is a lot of work (and clean-up, especially on my balcony), but it's enjoyable and well worth the effort. You can't beat the end result: real. tasty beer.

Im looking forward to tasting mine,
Ive got 2 AG's down right now.. First 2 ever, Havent tasted them yet. I plan on making another AG on the weekend. (hope they turn out)

And would like to mention that its a CRAP load easier than it sounds..

Someone who knows how please start a wiki for this topic........ :)

Kev

Here's the wiki...

I wasn't sure what category was most appropriate, so used "Brewing Scene". We should start a list of members that are interested and what are plans are.

Cheers

Here's the wiki...

I wasn't sure what category was most appropriate, so used "Brewing Scene". We should start a list of members that are interested and what are plans are.

Cheers

I thought i'd jump in and put my details down. I couldnt insert a table or anything like that.. Looks abit shit at the moment so if someone could re-format it would be good.
Wasnt sure what info everybody wanted so feel free to change it ??

Perhaps a suggestion section too so we can find out what people want from a club.

Comps? Style nights? Demos? Suggested venues? How often they want to meet?

Kev

Perhaps a suggestion section too so we can find out what people want from a club.

Comps? Style nights? Demos? Suggested venues? How often they want to meet?

Kev

jump in and change it, edit it, add to it... Its a Wiki. everybody should contribute.. I was just trying to get the ball rolling ;)

Swaps or just meeting to share some of our beers would be good.

The wiki looks pretty shit at the moment, I've just cleaned it up. It's a proper table now.

If anyone wants their details added, but doesn't want to edit the wiki, I'm happy to sort it out for you.

Latest posts

Back