• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Glycol Chiller Units Suitable For A 400 Litre Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masculator002

Reaction score
does any body know who would stock one and rough price etc. :ph34r: I am looking at doing some larger batches and if i am to be doing lagers I will need to be able to chill them.

Too many variables

Factors that would play a role in the size of the unit required include:-
Target operating temperature/s, how you are removing the heat from the fermenter (immersion coils are most efficient but increase risk of infection), quality of your insulation, ambient temperature, the amount of heat generated by the yeast and more.

If you are looking for a new ice bank and they arent cheap, I would talk to Andale they mighty be able to help you with sizing the unit as well.

MHB

cheers mhb, As you may have guessed I am looking at making the big leap into the commercial craft brewing sector, and this is just one of the many things I have to look at. with small experimental batches of lager i just chuck the fermenter in my beer fridge till its cold enough but a 400 litre fermenter is a bit large to do that with...lol :D

Latest posts

Back