Getting very close to AG...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, I'd chuck a piece of cement sheet under that burner just in case. I don't know how hot it gets under one of those burners but I've seen concrete explode and send burning chunks 30 feet high. (Don't have a bonfire on concrete cattle yards and surround it with people!)

Please add me to the marketing list.....will they be painted bricks or factory tinted...

I don't think I'll have time to paint the bricks myself, owing to the huge demand for these systems, so they'll be coloured accordingly at the factory. Also as an extra option, you can choose if you want a rim off a mans or womans bike. Personally, I like the mens bikes but having seen some of the potential clientele, I think there might be a demand for both.

yum beer said:
I doubt you'll even turn that outer ring on.

Tossed up buying the 4 ring but went the 3....boils 35 litres no problem in a keggle.

Would have got a 4 burner if the price was good, I paid the same for mine as you got yours.

Brew hard young man.
I find the 4th rings good when the gas bottle is nearly out.

I also remember seeing a post somewhere about exploding concrete from these burners running on the ground. I have mine in one of the square stands. Would recommend either using one or put something underneath it.

Ive found it to be a good burner and has worked well for me over the years.

Just another thought with my safety hat on, will there by ample air flow from underneath the burner, they usually sit on supports about a foot off the ground if im not mistaken? Best to ensure at least a few inches minimum to make sure the flame is controlled and not starved of air and prone to flashes of combustion?

slcmorro said:
(snip) ' you can choose if you want a rim off a mans or womans' (snip)
You know you're not gonna sneak that one past Cocko or JYO.

Sweet! They still have the burners on grays online! What is it like? What size pot could it handle do you think?

Camo6 said:
You know you're not gonna sneak that one past Cocko or JYO.
Pretty sure you could sneak anything past Cocko and jyo.

Wouldn't even touch the sides.

Like dangling a worm over a bucket.

Bwahahahaha!

lael said:
Sweet! They still have the burners on grays online! What is it like? What size pot could it handle do you think?
It fits my keggle, which is a squat size keggle. Wider than CUB kegs. I just went out to the shed and measured it for you and the OD of the entire burner is 110cm. Hope that helps.

What is the max volume you've boiled in it? Was thinking a 100l pot

Yes, hose and reg. However, I'm going to ask a question about that now.

I'm running it for the first time now on full noise. It doesn't seem all that efficient however. The bottom of the keggle is sooting up pretty black, and the water (heating sparge water right now) is taking a loooooong time to get up to temperature. This is most likely due to a low pressure regulator, right? I'd be better off getting a high pressure reg and attaching that to the burner so it burns faster and 'cleaner', yes?

Not familiar with your burner but a medium or high pressure reg would definitely make a difference. Is the burner getting enough oxygen? Can you raise the keggle a bit? My spiral burner was sooting badly. Found half the holes were filled with rust. Also mounted it a tad lower. Did a batch yesterday and bottom of keggle was spotless.

The burner is definitely getting enough oxygen. It's got plenty of space to suck it in, so I can rule that out. I'll look into a better regulator methinks. This one will do the job, but I don't think it's all that efficient and I don't particularly like a keggle covered in soot :p

slc, have you tried opening up the valves just in front of the taps on your burner?
This made a huge difference to mine.

Latest posts

Back