G'day from QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopa_83

Reaction score
G'day AHB peeps,

Absolute newb to the HB scene, I have been inspired by a mates clone HB of Stone & Wood Pacific Ale. I tasted so bloody good that I thought that I would have a crack. Now he does have a massive advantage as he has a grainfather but I think that I will start off small scale.

I will be starting with a normal fermenter and a kit firstly before looking wort kits and the like.

It looks like there is an abundance of information on this site which is great to see.

I am sure that you see some crazy questions coming your way....... :)

Regardless of whether you go kits n bits, wort kits or all grain, i'd recommend sorting out fermentation temperature control as early as possible. a few searches on here for

Cleaning
Acid based sanitisers
Fermentation temperature control
should keep you reading for a while.

Welcome to the best hobby around.

That's some good advice there,

I've got a mate at work who is just starting out, I repeat every time I see her "sanitation and temperature control!"

I would also recommend joining the coopers club and mail ordering your extract from them to get it as fresh as possible, also they email you their recipe of the month (which comes with free shipping) and when they have other deals etc.

Thank-you both for your replies.

You both sound very similar to the guy at work who has passed on the bug. I did not know that HB was a viral infection. HAHAHA. :)

He often sounds me out and yells "sanitation" at me.

Happy to report that it it sinking in.

QLD is BIG, where are you.
HBHB aka Martin is a top bloke.
I am possibly not.
Beer is great.
Home made is brilliant.

Latest posts

Back