G'day brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzbrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
About 5 years ago my wife bought me a coopers home brew starter kit for Xmas, back then i was drinking and brewing Teds, Pils and Carona's. These day's my friends and i are all into craft beers and now i mainly drink and brew IPA'S and porters, using plenty of hops but still brewing from extract though. Recently a mate invited me along to a Hunter United Brewers meeting and at first i was hesitant to go (being only an extract brewer) but he assured me it was for all brewers and i would enjoy it.
A quick internet search for HUB brought me to this site where i discovered BIAB! I was always hesitant to get into all grain thinking that it would need lots of equipment and thus $$$ to get set up. I have been researching on this forum and you tube like mad lately and am keen to get into BIAB. I'm looking forward to learning much and taking my brewing to the next level.
Dazz from Newcastle.

Good on ya Dazz, don't forget to visit the Grainstore early and often for "research".

There is also a dedicated biab forum, biab brewer should bring it up in a search, run by a fellow member but dedicated to biab which may be of assistance, can't remember the exact name or link for you on the phone but a search should bring it up fairly quickly :)

Welcome to the dark side ;)

ed: Link added for future readers, not affiliated or a member there, Im a dirty 4V HERMS addict for clarity :lol:

BIABrewer.info

Not to mention Marks Home Brew for your supplies. edit: and Yob does a brilliant deal on hops etc as well.

Plenty of brewers in the Hunter and if you are ever up Old Bar way give uz a bell and call in for some research as well. I BIAB full volume in a Crown 40L urn and have an obscene amount of brews on tap or in bottle as I'm one of those narcissistic people who brew for the competition "season" that's fast approaching.

:drinks:

Welcome to the obsession.

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.
Yes, the Grainstore is good, we also have the Hop Factory, the Albion and aparently the Mattara at Charlestown has also got a craft beer bar now. There is another good one up at Maitland called The Pourhouse which i've been to a few times.
Thanks for the BIAB forum tip Yob and yes Bribie G i know Mark a little bit, i used to buy my kits from him before he stopped selling them and even after the that for the next couple of brews i bought a coopers base from the supermarket then went to Mark for fermentables and hops.

Latest posts

Back