Gay marriage law passed in NZ.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is great. It means you can marry your best mate. Doesn't have to mean you are gay - you don't have sex after marriage.

donburke said:
might start a poll, creation or evolution :)
Cool idea DB.
I was going to suggest a debate, but I think the other board members will grow weary of me pasting endless links to evidence based evolutionary science and you replying with 'oh, yeah, well how do you get something from nothing'.

Byran said:
**** that guy is amazing!
What a public speaker.
Also, me not giving a shit about what God one believes in, and the fact that anyone can believe whatever they please.....
I always thought that "marriage" from outside the church perspective was merely a contractual agreement between two people which makes them bound as a couple in order for them to gain the rights of unity that are bestowed upon said two people, in the eyes of the government, law of state and when children are involved, from a previous relationship or by adoption. Such as when you are married by a celebrant. They are licensed by the government. Not the church to do so. And when you sign that marriage document at the end of the party......... the ball and chain is firmly fastened.
So as long as the people involved are humans...then its the same thing for me. Unless someone wanted to go marry a goat or something. Thats just ridiculous!
http://naijagists.com/update-on-sudanese-man-who-marries-a-goat/

The bit that I loved was the line to the priest:

'I also had a Catholic priest tell me that I was supporting an unnatural act. I found that quite interesting coming from someone who has taken an oath of celibacy for his whole life.'

SMACKDOWN with a capital SCHMACK!

waggastew said:
The bit that I loved was the line to the priest:

'I also had a Catholic priest tell me that I was supporting an unnatural act. I found that quite interesting coming from someone who has taken an oath of celibacy for his whole life.'

SMACKDOWN with a capital SCHMACK!
And coming from a church that doesn't exactly have the best rep regarding pedo priests within their ranks..I wonder what Catholic altarboys think about the so called 'oath of celibacy'

donburke said:
hey dude, lets not make this a debate, but the law has already recognised their rights a long time ago, and rightfully so
Feldon said:
Any homosexual couple who feel they are in anyway diminished by not having a legal Certificate of Marriage do not have a problem with the Marriage Act, they have a problem with their relationship.

My Boss is Gay and there was a few of us discussing it today, Gay couple rights have not been recognised a long time ago,
My Boss cant even get defacto status with his bloke, He's been with him for years, they have a home they own together, spend there lives together and one day when one of them drops the other cant even claim their partners super. No Defacto love for being a couple because they are both blokes.

Certificate of marriage gives you more advantages than just saying "yay were married".

and its definitely not all about money despite my above points its simply the right for people in love express it the same way I can with my mrs.

Intelligent design, yup works every time

intelligent design.jpg

manticle said:
Actually marriage exists outside Christian Church parameters.

I don't think churches should be forced to celebrate a marriage they consider agaisnt their doctrines but legislatively marriage should be available to all
By far the most intelligent and rational comment I have read in a long time.

Charst said:
My Boss is Gay and there was a few of us discussing it today, Gay couple rights have not been recognised a long time ago,
My Boss cant even get defacto status with his bloke, He's been with him for years, they have a home they own together, spend there lives together and one day when one of them drops the other cant even claim their partners super. No Defacto love for being a couple because they are both blokes.

Certificate of marriage gives you more advantages than just saying "yay were married".

and its definitely not all about money despite my above points its simply the right for people in love express it the same way I can with my mrs.
ask your boss what would happen if he dumped his boyfriend,

a likely outcome would be that his boyfriend would **** him good and proper, for the very last time, with his lawyer holding his cock the whole time

that is assuming your boss really is the boss

Charst said:
Laws governing superannuation (amongst other things) and same-sex couples were changed a few years ago. Your boss and his partner have the same rights regarding superannuation as any couple.

donburke said:
ask your boss what would happen if he dumped his boyfriend,

a likely outcome would be that his boyfriend would **** him good and proper, for the very last time, with his lawyer holding his cock the whole time

that is assuming your boss really is the boss
What does that even mean, and how would it differ from a relationship/marriage breakdown in a hereto couple?

phoneyhuh said:
What does that even mean, and how would it differ from a relationship/marriage breakdown in a hereto couple?
I think thats the point DonB was making, he's saying it would'nt differ.

Dave70 said:
Cool idea DB.
I was going to suggest a debate, but I think the other board members will grow weary of me pasting endless links to evidence based evolutionary science and you replying with 'oh, yeah, well how do you get something from nothing'.
the links will eventually trace down the evolutionary chain to some beginning, the same question will be asked by both camps

toper01 said:
Jesus was Gay,it's well known. :)
every icon i've seen depicting Jesus doesnt show him smiling, let alone gay

Latest posts

Back