Gay marriage law passed in NZ.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 6 pages already.

I wouldn't have thought that this topic would have spruced so much discussion on a home brew forum.

Or am I just being ignorant thinking that gays don't make home brew?

DISCLAIMER: I am not against Gay Home Brew (actually never tried it)

jaypes said:
Wow, 6 pages already.

I wouldn't have thought that this topic would have spruced so much discussion on a home brew forum.

Or am I just being ignorant thinking that gays don't make home brew?

DISCLAIMER: I am not against Gay Home Brew (actually never tried it)
I think this thread is a perfect example of the vocal minority as opposed to the silent majority.

donburke said:
the links will eventually trace down the evolutionary chain to some beginning, the same question will be asked by both camps
Though I'm well aware I'm pounding my head against a wall of piety here, I feel I need to highlight one critical point.

One camp makes a discovery like the Burgess shale fossils and understands its significance, one camp builds an engineering marvel like the Large Hadron Collider to help solve open questions about physics and the origins of life. One camp isn't arrogant enough to pretend it has all the answers.

The other camp wants intelligent design taught alongside evolution. One side still maintains evolution is a 'theory'.
That's about reasonable as teaching alchemy as an alternative to chemistry, or astrology as an alternative to astronomy.
One camp bases its entire argument on Romans 1:20.

Yep our government should just get on and do it, pass the laws, but it could also be argued that our politicians have bigger issues that need their attention. Strangely enough they don't seem to be able to make any progress in any area, and if you think Cleetus abott is going to let a gay marriage act get up you are kidding your self.

The vocal minority has included their comments in this thread the silent majority has looked at the topic heading and just ignored the topic entirely.

My point is, the comments in this thread do not necessarally represent the majority.

@ Liam Snorkel I have not included my views on gay marriage in this thread so my comments may be taken any way that anyone wants. :)

Cheers

all good Dicko, I wasn't having a rib. The silent majority as you put it may be representing apathy more than disagreement. I can't think of anyone that I know (in person - not online) that is actually opposed to gay marriage, except for maybe my sisters mother in law.

Liam_snorkel said:
all good Dicko, I wasn't having a rib. The silent majority as you put it may be representing apathy more than disagreement. I can't think of anyone that I know (in person - not online) that is actually opposed to gay marriage, except for maybe my sisters mother in law.
No worries Liam. There are many situations that may influence a persons individual view and I would imagine that there would not be many people nowdays that don't know someone that is gay or is in a gay relationship.

Cheers

Edit spelling

A gay friend of mine once said to me, "I just wish I could hold hands with the person I love when I walk down the street." That did it for me. No more arguments about rights needed to convince me.

Marriage is both about love and about law, and is one of the rare places where the two cross over.
There's no reason not to give gay folks the rights to make decisions of medical attorney, and so on, for the person they love. I watched my Mom have to make the decision to turn off life support for her second husband. No need to make such times any more difficult for someone because they're gay.

Power of attorney is no longer affected FYI, provided they have their respective wills drafted correctly (which I assume many don't)

My mother made me a queer !
If you give her the wood,
she will make you one too. :p

Dont care if gay or not they are human and deserve respect. With that the same rights.
Nev

Dave70 said:
One camp bases its entire argument on Romans 1:20.
A7RMHYHCUAEBn1R.jpg

"Tell people there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
-George Carlin

It makes no difference to my life if gays marry or not. The bank still wants my repayments, my employer will still pay me, and I'll still see gay people walking around like any couple. If it makes no difference, and it doesnt, then allow gay couples everything allowed to straight couples.

:icon_offtopic: The church is an outdated institution. I could go on for hours about the hypocricy. The best one though - If the church is anti-gay, how the hell did the human race exist after Adam & Eve had 3 boys :lol: obviously not to be taken seriously...
Things such as slaughter in the name of God (Lots of religions have documented histories of invasion & murder justified by calling it Holy)
All these pedo's finally getting outed - its great. But really, they think I should listen to their 'wisdom' No thanks.

Back on topic - Congratulations to NZ - another first over us.

Liam_snorkel said:
there's bound to be a priest by the name of Mr Tickle somewhere :ph34r:
Trying to not to get all political up in this bitch but that one had me laughing out loud.

On a side note it is really great to see Greg Bird showing support for gay marriage with that haircut tonight. :ph34r:

I'm neither for or against the bill, it doesn't affect me at all, but this country in in deep shit economically and I think there are far more important things we could be concentrating on.

We're are shedding jobs left, right and centre, that might be a good place to start.

Latest posts

Back