Gay marriage law passed in NZ.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks northside, i think your rambling has set us back by about 200 years.

bum said:
Be fair, Liam. It's not like he can say "I've made my point."
The point I'm trying to make bum, is that we have far more serious issues over here that affect pretty much everybody, that aren't getting half the attention that this bill is. I'm not saying our economy is any worse than anyone elses, or that this bill doesn't matter, because it does, just that as a country (yes NZ ;)), we could be putting a bit more effort into other things. Hopefully, now that this is out of the way, and once all the media hype dies down, we can start looking at some real problems.

When I posted last night, it was close to midnight, after several IPAs (thanks Dr Smurto), so I probably wasn't as clear as I could have been, and probably should have pointed out that I was in NZ, not Aus. That would have saved an awful lot of confusion.

The attempt at parody humour in that beastiality article made me cringe - kind of in the same way that watching 20's slapstick comedy does. And if it's not a parody, but a sad, desperate attempt by a zealot to "open our eyes", then even worse.

The comment about 50 years of gays going back to NZ made me laugh, then I realised even I have a bit of the bigot in me, but at least I can recognise it is a fault in ME, not in the sexual preferences of others. Practical fool is onto something - homosexuality can stem from significant childhood trauma and amplifying the sense of rejection of these people by opposing equality of sexual choice is the embodiment of lack of emotional evolution/progress of our people. And that is just one small example of the significance of one basic symbolic meaning in the legalisation of gay marriage.

If you don't think it's a big deal (positively), then you're just as gay because you've got your own head up your arse. (Had to throw a gay joke in there to show that we can still be dickheads and at the same time, represent more evolved emotional stances.)

Edit: grammarz

Nick JD said:
I googled him. He's actually a girl.
You googled him?

Was that on the list of what is now happening in NZ in that article?

Mattress said:
You googled him?

Was that on the list of what is now happening in NZ in that article?
Your cat is also gay.

iralosavic said:
The attempt at parody humour in that beastiality article made me cringe - kind of in the same way that watching 20's slapstick comedy does. And if it's not a parody, but a sad, desperate attempt by a zealot to "open our eyes", then even worse.

The comment about 50 years of gays going back to NZ made me laugh, then I realised even I have a bit of the bigot in me, but at least I can recognise it is a fault in ME, not in the sexual preferences of others. Practical fool is onto something - homosexuality can stem from significant childhood trauma and amplifying the sense of rejection of these people by opposing equality of sexual choice is the embodiment of lack of emotional evolution/progress of our people. And that is just one small example of the significance of one basic symbolic meaning in the legalisation of gay marriage.

If you don't think it's a big deal (positively), then you're just as gay because you've got your own head up your arse. (Had to throw a gay joke in there to show that we can still be dickheads and at the same time, represent more evolved emotional stances.)

Edit: grammarz
i don't think looking at homosexuality as an adverse effect or psychological trauma aftermath though is really showing any signs of equality. you end up making it a condition which negates any equality in the first place. then it becomes something that is considered unfortunate, and ultimately sets up a power relationship between heterosexuality. what is needed is the removal of an assumption that it's wrong or different.

2c

fletcher said:
i don't think looking at homosexuality as an adverse effect or psychological trauma aftermath though is really showing any signs of equality. you end up making it a condition which negates any equality in the first place. then it becomes something that is considered unfortunate, and ultimately sets up a power relationship between heterosexuality. what is needed is the removal of an assumption that it's wrong or different.

2c
I understand your point, but you misunderstand me perhaps. I don't think homosexuality is the effect of trauma. I think that trauma can lead to it. More commonly it is simply genetic. If someone has been abused by a person of the opposite sex, I don't blame them from looking elsewhere and these kinds of people have often been abused by parents or guardians and have gone through a lot of rejection to then only be rejected by society because our people in their emotional immaturity lack the ability to accept people radically.

I like it how you guys side step the actual main points to make yourselves feel good. The issue is the lack of radical acceptance in society, not the cause of homosexuality and not my understanding (or lack thereof) of genetics etc.

Nobody knows why some people are gay and some or not. Does it really matter why?

EDIT: Beaten to it. I need to type faster

wbosher said:
Nobody knows why some people are gay and some or not.
I always thought it was because they were sexually attracted to members of their own sex.

Nick JD said:
I always thought it was because they were sexually attracted to members of their own sex.
haha well I guess we can always rely on you to bring comedic relief to the table :drinks:

Nick JD said:
Really don't have a come back for that :lol: ...better just go have a hair of the dog...enter beastiality comments...

Feldon said:
Really. How does a gene for homosexuality perpetuate into future generations?

iralosavic said:
I like it how you guys side step the actual main points to make yourselves feel good. The issue is the lack of radical acceptance in society, not the cause of homosexuality and not my understanding (or lack thereof) of genetics etc.
I didn't side step anything. You raised the issue of genetics as a "main point" when you stated that homosexuality had a genetic basis. I just asked a question in response.

And as for "you guys", WTF?

Feldon said:
Really. How does a gene for homosexuality perpetuate into future generations?
There is some evidence that female siblings of gay men are hyper fertile.

One theory is that whatever gene confers that, which is an evolutionary advantage, when expressed in males leads to homosexuality. If this is the case obviously the ability of the gene to proliferate in a population means the benefit of increased female fertility trumps the evolutionary dead end that is often homosexuality.

The tipping point in the genes favour is probably also that gay men often reproduce due to cultural pressures.

P5tek.jpg

Lets lighten the mood a little with some good old fashoned German homo-eroticism / sado masochism.
And nobody does it better than Rammstein.

Except maby the catholic church.

http://youtu.be/chCg-p9F55g

Back