Gay marriage law passed in NZ.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wbosher said:
The point I'm trying to make bum, is that we have far more serious issues over here that affect pretty much everybody, that aren't getting half the attention that this bill is. I'm not saying our economy is any worse than anyone elses, or that this bill doesn't matter, because it does, just that as a country (yes NZ ;)), we could be putting a bit more effort into other things. Hopefully, now that this is out of the way, and once all the media hype dies down, we can start looking at some real problems.
What this old, old argument boils down to is "we can't afford simple human rights" and it is complete BULLSHIT.

manticle said:
Bugger Rammstein.
That's the spirit!

Well, bugger. In clarification to pissheads, all I meant by that was that people are different for a reason. Homosexuality 'can' be a result of not so pleasant reasons. In fact it often is. Look at northside's comments, he speaks the truth, they are usually ranging from somewhat chilled out to extreme. A lot of that is aggravation of emotional states by how everyone treats them. To not recognise the harm done is irresponsible.
The other part, they are discriminated because of a decision they make. Whatever the reason, this great civilised country of our's cannot recognise that denying them family recognition is discrimination. Heads up arses much.

bum said:
What this old, old argument boils down to is "we can't afford simple human rights" and it is complete BULLSHIT.

That's the spirit!
I'm not saying that at all. This should have happened about a decade ago when the Govt at the time brough in "Civil Unions". This basically meant that a couple (straight or gay) would be recognised under the law as a couple, but didn't quite go as far as being recognised as a marriage. That was bullshit, and I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't do it back that then. Country wasn't quite ready I guess.

As I said, there are some real problems like almost record high unemployment, redundancies in numbers not seen in decades, exporters shutting up shop and laying everybody off, this list goes on. This has a REAL effect on thousands of families, whether directly or indirectly. A lot of it can be attributed to an almost record high NZ$ for quite a long time now, not just a short term spike. I'd like to see as big a deal made about doing something about that!

Anyway bum, lets move on now. I'd made my position clear, as have you. We'll just have to agree to disagree...

Equality among citizens is a pretty real issue.

Economical issues can and should be sorted but recognising equality doesn't need to be put on the back burner. Two distinct issues and governments shouldn't only ever be working on solving one problem at a time.

Yes Manticle, it is a real issue, and it good that it's been sorted. But kids aren't going to go cold and hungry if a gay couple can't get married, they just might if mum and/or dad get laid of from the local plastics factory.

I'm sure the Govt aren't just working on this one issue, but the country (the general public) are just consumed by this, and very little mention of the other issue(s). Governments seem to sit on their hands and ignore issues unless the public make a fuss about it, that's what I want here, some noise on issues other the gay marriage. Hopefully that can start to happen now.

The general population didn't starve here when aboriginal people were considered non-citizens (or as a specific result thereof). Doesn't diminish its significance to people's lives.

I'm not familiar with the media in your country but both politicians and media often deflect one issue by focusing heavily on another.

An intelligent person doesn't need to conflate the two completely unrelated issues though. If the economy needs fixing, then push for that. It's got nothing to do with gay marriage.

Fair call. I never suggested for a minute that I was an intelligent person though. :lol:

My 84yr old granmother said to me "you know what they do? they suck the shit off each others dick" I didn't know what to say. she goes to church and i had never heard her swear before. Obviously she had thought about it, maybe she liked a bit of ATM or had tried it and didn't like.
I thought the sooner you people die out the better. pass it and get on with things that really matter.

booargy said:
My 84yr old granmother said to me "you know what they do? they suck the shit off each others dick" I didn't know what to say. she goes to church and i had never heard her swear before.
You'd be suprised what they talk about in church.

Over to you pastor..

http://youtu.be/euXQbZDwV0w

But doesnt it mean I would have to become a gay if this law got passed? Haha stupid idiots

"the worst thing about a democracy is that you have to defend the rights of those you despise"

NZramraid.png

Against Gay marriage I am! Against discrimination, i am against!! Guess this is not the forum...

I will sleep better if I assume it is satire of some sort.

Latest posts

Back