Gay marriage law passed in NZ.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not meaning to fan the flames (and I know you weren't the one who raised the church issue) but marriage has been around a lot longer than whichever god you're referring to.

(edit: beaten by mants)

SWMBO has started watching this show on foxtel which is all about drag queens, it's piss funny. It's a reality show and each week they have to do a number of challenges (such as sledgeing each other) and the losing contestants have a dance-off at the end of the show. There's this one short and very round queen who's stage name is Jiggly Caliente. Hilarious!

donburke said:
wasn't so much aimed at you, but rather a reminder that God owns the copyright to the sacrament of marriage and people shouldn't use it to lobby their political debates
He also owns the copyright to slavery, among a litany of other barbaric prohibition's and injunctions that are utterly incompatible in any way a harmonious and just society.

Liam_snorkel said:
this speech was pretty great
**** that guy is amazing!
What a public speaker.
Also, me not giving a shit about what God one believes in, and the fact that anyone can believe whatever they please.....
I always thought that "marriage" from outside the church perspective was merely a contractual agreement between two people which makes them bound as a couple in order for them to gain the rights of unity that are bestowed upon said two people, in the eyes of the government, law of state and when children are involved, from a previous relationship or by adoption. Such as when you are married by a celebrant. They are licensed by the government. Not the church to do so. And when you sign that marriage document at the end of the party......... the ball and chain is firmly fastened.
So as long as the people involved are humans...then its the same thing for me. Unless someone wanted to go marry a goat or something. Thats just ridiculous!

Liam_snorkel said:
Not meaning to fan the flames (and I know you weren't the one who raised the church issue) but marriage has been around a lot longer than whichever god you're referring to.

(edit: beaten by mants)
the God i was thinking of was the one that created adam and eve, he's da man

might start a poll, creation or evolution :)

Dave70 said:
He also owns the copyright to slavery, among a litany of other barbaric prohibition's and injunctions that are utterly incompatible in any way a harmonious and just society.
yet still exist in today's unharmonious and unjust society, albeit cleverly disguised

i see many parallels in modern society that show slavery still exists

When you get past all the emotional hyperbole of this issue, and the politics, it come down to this.

Any homosexual couple who feel they are in anyway diminished by not having a legal Certificate of Marriage do not have a problem with the Marriage Act, they have a problem with their relationship.

And the same goes for hetrosexual couples.

donburke said:
And he doesn't have a monopoly on marriage - whether historically, legally or ethically

donburke said:

might start a poll, creation or evolution :)
no poll will be taken seriously without a scientology option

"ZOLTAN"

FTW..

sorry.. completely :icon_offtopic:

Evolution is God's method of creation.

In Morocco on a train I sat behind a guy with his three wives. Poor ******* was the most miserable henpecked specimen I've ever seen and he couldn't even have a drink to lighten the load.

edit: imagine having three mothers in law :blink:

Pederasty (from the Greeks of course)

When I was studying Classics at UNE one of the final year subjects was Greek and Latin erotic poetry, I had a look at the exam paper and it was full of questions like:

"oh lad with the looks of a lass, how long have I stalked thee"... discuss
"I long to spurt my seed across thy golden hair" .. render this in Classical Latin...

don't worry, Tony will sort out all that nonsense

To all those young'ans and innocent people around, by 'seed' he meant 'grain', so they had some infected bottles which spurt everywhere upon opening....

Churches can opt out of marrying gays if they wish without facing any discrimination problems, probably one of the reasons it got through.

OT, of course evolution Vs creation can only be an opinion poll because one is scientifically viable and the the other a (misguided ) opinion.
Whatever happened to Intelligent design ?

You guys are THE WORST.

Back