Gauge Cage?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reptar

Reaction score
Im looking for a "gauge cage". A screw on device for your regulator which reduces the chance of damage if your bottle is knocked over. Does anyone know of a home brew shop in australia who sells them?

Cheers :)

regulator_and_cage.jpg

That's not a bad idea!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of that

I don't know where to buy one, but I'll be making one for my new reg (just purchased to replace a reg smashed when my bottle fell over...) ...that's for sure

Have a look on e-bay, I downloaded a pic of that coz I thought it was a neat idea...but have forgotten where I saw it. Think it was on E-bay....think.

They are listed on the micro matic american website:

Gauge Cage

The only thing is, they don't seem to deliver to Australia. I havent really seen them on any Australian online home brew websites. I will keep looking!

sure wish i had one of those last night, my bottle dropped and one of my guages smashed :-(

CraftBrewer has them, just not been put on the site yet.
Hopefully up by the end of the week.

Only available for micromatic regs though at this stage.

cheers Ross

Rather than trying your local HBS, have a look at gas and welding suppliers. Take your gauge along, this may help them match a cage to your reg.

If you do have a micromatic, then Craftbrewer is obviously a good place to shop. Plus check out his Xmas giveaway.

Better still, attach your CO2 bottle or fire extinguisher to a wall with a bracket or holder.
That way it reduces the danger of a smashed regulator and injuries.

C&B
TDA

Better still, attach your CO2 bottle or fire extinguisher to a wall with a bracket or holder.
That way it reduces the danger of a smashed regulator and injuries.

C&B
TDA

Mines chained tightly to the coolant things on the back of the fridge. Doesnt move. Plus its outdoors so gives me a bit of piece of mind that it wont get nicked.
Cheers
Steve

Back