Gas Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelcocks

Reaction score
Anyone ever had this?
I have bee getting a bit of a sour taste in al my recent brews whic I haven't really been able to isolate...
Then tonight while I was letting the pressure out of my keg lines I recognized that smell (kind of sour) in the gas in line
I never thought these needed cleaning ??
I've chucked the lines in sodium percarbonate overnight withe the gas in fittings ..
Anyone else had this .. Do they need cleaning regularly ?

Anyone ever had this?
I have bee getting a bit of a sour taste in al my recent brews whic I haven't really been able to isolate...
Then tonight while I was letting the pressure out of my keg lines I recognized that smell (kind of sour) in the gas in line
I never thought these needed cleaning ??
I've chucked the lines in sodium percarbonate overnight withe the gas in fittings ..
Anyone else had this .. Do they need cleaning regularly ?

I've never cleaned the gas lines as no beer has ever been in there. Sounds like you have an infection though so its prob not a bad idea to clean everything that goes near your beer.

Dedicated gas only lines should never need cleaning imo.

I also have short lengths for various tasks - bottling, keg to keg transferring, filtering, CPBF... etc. All these lengths I try to clean once I have finished using them for the task at hand, as next time what was used for gas may be needed for beer transfer or vice versa.

2c.

when i first started kegging and i used the inverted method for carbonating. I did get some beer down my gas line. but it never effected my beer.

when i first started kegging and i used the inverted method for carbonating. I did get some beer down my gas line. but it never effected my beer.

thanks guys
to be clear I have never put beer down these lines only gas
that is why I was puzzled by the smell

Back