Gas connection for portable keg setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt211181

Reaction score
I'd like to mount a ball lock keg post (gas) to the outside of an esky for a portable keg setup, and was thinking something like this MFL bulkhead installed through the esky wall would work nicely: http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2262

...with this keg post adapter attached to the outside: http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_1_3_260&products_id=1145

too easy I thought!......until I saw shipping costs on these 2 small items (about $45).....

does anyone know where I could source something like this bulkhead with flare connections locally?? I'd happily purchase from any of the site sponsors (regularly do!), but I can't seem to find anything like these items here in Oz....

Have you tried emailing Chi directly for a postage quote? I seem to recall someone on here eons ago suggesting they do better than the checkout indicates using a different shipping method (i could also be full of it - vagueness ensues)

or there's this from Keg King , not sure if the 1/4 thread bit is fixed or removable, but you may be able to fashion your own "long bulkhead" with a long 1/4 nipple or 1/4 allthread..

Thanks for the suggestions mate......I just emailed Chicompany to check the postage......I have purchased from there before and shipping wasn't that expensive......according to the order summary i just found, the last shipment of various items weighed about 3.25lbs and shipping was $36......so no idea how this little thing which weighs nothing could cost $46 to ship??.......anyway, I'll see what they get back with.....

also emailed keg king to see if that 1/4 inch threaded piece could be removed and replaced with a longer piece......that could work also......thanks for the link!

Back