GABS 2015!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VP Brewing

Reaction score
The Great Australian Beer Spectapular starts in a few days and just seeing how many of you are having a crack this year.
Which days and where?
And what beers can't be missed?
I'm catching the train to Melb from Shepparton with my brother in law and another good mate on Thursday arvo and doing the Friday afternoon session.

Cheers PvP

most likely go on Saturday arvo, with the option to go back in for the evening session if I can pass the mrs "how pissed are you?"'questions

I think session 3 is sold out, if you haven't already got tickets.

looks to be still available unless it denies you later in the payment process, better get onto it tho

There was a thing on their Facebook page the other day saying session 3 looks like selling out beforehand. You should be in luck still hopefully. I'm hoping Friday will be the quietest one with less lines and more room for drunken activities.

Will be there for the Saturdee afternoon session. Got the tickets already.

NFI what beers to look for, there are simply too many to make any strategic approach, after the first paddle.

I'm heading to the Sydney evening session with a mate.

Hopefully i'll be armed with a list and game plan on which beers i'll be sampling.

WarmerBeer said:
Will be there for the Saturdee afternoon session. Got the tickets already.

NFI what beers to look for, there are simply too many to make any strategic approach, after the first paddle.
Get the app and pre-plan your paddles. The 20 minutes you waste reading the guide when you get in is beer drinking time!

GalBrew said:
Get the app and pre-plan your paddles. The 20 minutes you waste reading the guide when you get in is beer drinking time!
I can't find the app....

VP Brewing said:
I can't find the app....
In the meantime just get the guide and do some planning the old fashioned way with a beer, pen and paper?

FP posse are hitting up Friday midday session.

My lesson learnt over the last few years is to bypass most of the weird and "unique" beers and spend most my time at the stands with brewers, drinking glasses and talking shit.

There's only so many Belgian White IPA's with Chai that I can drink.

Syd- both sessions + the IOS app is up now, just Downloaded it.

Spiesy said:
My lesson learnt over the last few years is to bypass most of the weird and "unique" beers and spend most my time at the stands with brewers, drinking glasses and talking shit.
Fair enough , but I'm looking for some feed back on the Barossa valley brewing entry?

Spiesy said:

You forgot about the oak infused coconut porters. Yes there was more than one!!!

But yep thats the best advice, although don't tell too many people otherwise the brewer stands will be too busy!!!

Well damn it to hell, I'm in my 6th day of bronchitis with no chance of it lifting in time for GABS. Feckin' hell. I was set up to volunteer and everything. Y'all have yerselves a great time. I think. :unsure:

VP Brewing said:
I think session 3 is sold out, if you haven't already got tickets.
she's sold out now, procrastination - the thief of time

Back