• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: 1 Ag Brewery.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats ok, I will just stick to extracts for the time being

Cheers!

My style of bidding might have been a bit unethical, but I really wanted this setup! Bubba, Leigh; hope that you get hold of some too soon. I really should shout you a couple of stubbies of the end product!

It became a rather late one last night Christmas... Due to beerfest and the brew at your house it just took me a bit longer to finish the bottling. At 1AM I also ran out of bottles, and had to drink a large bottle of Weizen just to get through.

In regards to the style; there were some really nice barleywines entered in the competition on the weekend, so I wouldn't mind having a crack at one of those myself. For seconds I would like to try a polish-style pilsner (also enjoyed on the weekend) with a strong malt character.

Barleywine and Polish-style Pilsner huh.

If I were you - I would go with the Pilsner for the day I do your demo brew. A Barley wine is a lovely thing, but it is an extreme kind of a beer, right on the limits for your (or really for most people's) system. We can make one, but the things you learn wont be about how your brewery "normally" works - I suggest a more standard kind of a beer, then you will get to see how the system usually works and get a feel for what to expect next time.

And of course there is the fact that Barleywines take a good several months at least before they are ready to drink..... do you really want to wait that long to try the first beer from your new system?

Polish Pilsner - 1st: do you have the means to do a temperature controlled fermentation? If not, then summer is a bad time to be trying to brew a lager. Its just not going to work. If you do have a fermentation fridge or similar... Lets brew one. Tell me about the flavours. Strong Malt character, sweet? dry? Bitter? Hoppy? what kind of hops do your reckon? Its not a "standard" style so I'm going to have to go from scratch for the recipe (unless you have one??) Maybe give me a brand name or two and I will see if I can buy one to try out.

Anyway - give me your thoughts on the choice of beer and PM your e-mail address so we can sort out some details.

Thirsty

Back