• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: 1 Ag Brewery.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirsty Boy

ICB - tight shorts and poor attitude. **** yeah!
Reaction score
Contemplating the bits and bobs that are left over in my brewery after several years on the up-grade wagon... I have enough stuff to assemble a fully functional, although very un-fancy, AG brewery.

So I shall assemble those bits into a brewery; and if someone wants to buy it from me, I will donate the money to help the bushfire victims. My work is offering to match employee donations dollar for dollar - so we get double the bang for our bucks.

Whats on offer

1 AG brewery: Designed for 2 runoff batch sparging and good for single batches (fill a 19L keg) up to a gravity of about 1.080 (more if you are tricky enough)

It consists of

1 x mash tun - 36L Plastic storer with hose-braid mash separation, bulkhead fitting and chrome plated brass ball valve.
1 x 20L passive HLT - Cheap eski fitted with pick-up tube, bung and plastic in-line tap - you heat sparge water in your kettle during the mash and transfer it into the HLT before the sparge
1 x 30L Electric Boil kettle - A bucket 'o' death style kettle made from an old fermentor. Copper pick-up, bulkhead fitting and chrome plated brass ball valve
Bits - A few lengths of vinyl hose and some cheap arsed plastic garden hose qds (if you want em)

You will need to supply an NC-cube or chiller (note - I don't think a commercial immersion chiller would fit into the kettle) & of course a fermenter etc etc

To sweeten the deal a little the brewery will be supplied with the following

* Enough grain (crushed and bagged) for your first two batches - we'll discuss recipes
* 1 kg of mixed hops (POR, Millenium, Hersbrucker, Saaz)
* A year or two's worth of kettle sundries (Gypsum, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulphate, Kettle finings)
* Any yeast slant from my library - I have a dozen or so strains and you can have one of each if you want

AND

If you live in or not too far from Melbourne (and we can work out a convenient date): I will deliver & set-up the brewery for you. When I deliver it, I will turn up clutching an active yeast starter and brew a batch with you at your house to show you how it works. If you live in the sticks - its pick-up.

I can't think of anything else, so I suppose thats it. It'll take me a week or two to get it all together, test it and gather the ingredients.... so plenty of time to bid

This is for charity, so I'm not giving it away too cheaply.... lets say the bidding starts at $150.00

Thirsty

good on you thirsty. about 6 months too late for me to buy. bloody good deal for anyone considering.

Good on ya thirsty.

If your work is doing a dollar for dollar contribution CanI donate $50 through you?

Pm me any details if you can

Just one person has enquired so far, no actual bids yet...

If you want to bid, or to make inquiries, please do it out here in the open forum rather than via PM, this will keep the thread being bumped and in people's eyes, and will also save me answering questions more than once.

Cheers

TB

PS: Bubba, I will respond to your question after I have my dinner, but I will do it in the forum rather than by PM... see above.

Bubba asked...
In regards to your AG setup, I just have a few questions
- how much room is required?
- Is it suitable for outdoor brewing?
- Can it be easily disassembled for storage?
- Does it required bench mounting?

How much room is required? --- Not too much. Your average kitchen bench or table would be more than sufficient, or even smaller. This is a gravity fed system, so if you set it all up on one level on a table or whatever, you would need to transfer all your liquids with jug... but a milk crate and a chair turns a kitchen table into a three level system (still need to do a bit of work with the jug/bucket though) You could set this up on a small balcony or in an apartment kitchen without issue.

Is it suitable for outdoor brewing? --- Yes, but you wouldn't leave it set-up all the time outside, and because its electric... brewing in the rain would be problematic. One of the advantages of the system is actually that its all electric, so you can brew inside or out and not have to worry about fumes etc from a gas burner

Can it be easily disassembled for storage? --- Its modular by nature and either of the kettle or the HLT will fit inside the mash tun for storage and all your bits and pieces will fit inside the vessels when they are not in use. A few square feet in the bottom of a cupboard. And its all plastic so none of the bits are even heavy

Does it required bench mounting? --- Only if you want to. This is a practical but ugly unit and is frankly best hidden away in a cupboard when not in use :D Give me a fold up card table, a three legged stool and a milk crate and I'll have it set up in 5 mins flat

cheers for the reply, I will officially place my bid for $150

There you go folks - an opening bid. So its officially on the market as of right now.

No real hurry to bid, I want to give it at least all weekend and maybe a bit of next week - tell your friends, tell your neighbors....

Hell, its even an award winning brewery. That mash tun was used to brew the 2007 Mash Paddle Kolsch - thats gotta be worth an extra fiver at least...... doesn't it?? :rolleyes:

dont need it but i'll bid anyways to help things along....happy to pay for it too if i win, would be funny watching thirsty making me a beer in a dress im gonna make him wear.

$170.

dont need it but i'll bid anyways to help things along....happy to pay for it too if i win, would be funny watching thirsty making me a beer in a dress im gonna make him wear.

$170.

good on ya!

Got some pics TB ? I got a mate that im getting into brewing and it sounds perfect.

Cheers

Got some pics TB ? I got a mate that im getting into brewing and it sounds perfect.

Cheers

sorry, no pics just yet - its not actually assembled into a brewery at the moment, just a collection of bits in my shed. To make it function I will need a trip to bunnings and a new element... but over the weekend I can probably arrange things in roughly the manner they will appear in the final unit. I'll take a picture so people can see what they might be in for. But trust me... a picture isn't going to make you want to bid more. As previously stated, its a workhorse not a show pony.

Thanks for the boost Fents - but I'll ask other people not to put in goodwill bids, even if they will pony up the cash. I want to raise some money for charity, but I also want to see the brewery go to someone who might have been hovering on the verge of getting into AG..... and having a relatively inexpensive unit where someone has done all the work, tips em over the line. That sort of thing.

To give people an idea of the value point... at $170, you could definitely buy all the parts to build this yourself. The value is in the fact that you don't have to build it yourself and in the extras I am tossing in.

Don't feel you have to bid in $10 chunks or anything... $171 puts you in the lead.

Fents... if you do win, then I'm afraid its going to have to be an evening dress, I haven't got the legs for a mini, and besides, there is too much bending over on a brewday for a short skirt. Trust me - nobody wants to see that

Thirsty

tell your friend he doesnt need pics. its a guaranteed to work set up. No hassle, no stuffing round, straight into AG and TB will even show you how to use it. bloody ripper offer.

Back