• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Fruit Beer

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
MERRY BEERY - alias Fruit Beer.

As alot of people are talking about brewing with fruits - lemons, oranges etc- i thought that I would post my first fruit beer recipee.

Ingredients:
Coopers Canadian Blonde - Light beer because i want the fruit flavour to come through.
1 kg of dextrose.
approx 250gms of loganberries/raspberies.
1 teaspoon of CInamon.
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and cloves.

Method:
Boil sugar, spices and berries in saucepan with 5ltrs of water for 20mins. Crush fruit. Pour into fermenter without straining.
Ferment for 10 days - rack....not enough fruit flavour.
add another 250gms of fruit (loganberries & raspberries) that has had boiled water poured over it
Crush fruit through a sieve into secondary.
This started fermentation again. Racked again after 7 days.
Tasted - still not enough berry flavour - run out of home made fruit. Can't get raspberries/loganberies at the supermarket.
Buy 2 jars of 4 fruit spread - berry mix - 95% fruit (black & red raspberies, blue berries and black berries - keep it in the same berry family)

Pour jar contents into saucepan with boiling water - mix well - then pour into fermenter...stir gently.
Leave a week - taste - added one handful of cascade hops and 2 teaspoons gypsum.
Left a week...bottle 24Dec2002 - called MERRY BEERY.

Sample after 2 weeks...beutiful pink coloured beer. Has enough fruit flavour without being over powering - replaces with beer flavour and just enough cascade hops (you know it is still a beer)...finishes clean and crisp.

Very refreshing and nice. No idea what alcohol %....

Latest posts