Frivoulous Posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, thanks Ross another enjoyable day.

DSCF5462.jpg

No Pat, I've had 2 from Tap 1, 1 from Tap 2, 4 from Tap 3, 1 from Tap 4, 3 from Tap 5, 1 from Tap 6, 2 from Tap 7, 2 from Tap 8, 4 from Tap 9 and 2 from Tap 10. But then Ross changed the kegs on Tap 5 and Tap 8, and I had 2 from Tap, er where was I?

Thanks for all the laughs, fellas. Now must have surgery to re-attach split sides.

Steve :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephen, if you start a thread in The Pub called, 'Funniest Posts and PM's You Have Read,' I am putting Screwtop's picture post above in it. I also have a PM he sent me that kept me laughing for days. Being around Screwtop is a serious crack up!

Ross, where do you keep all the kegs for all those taps???????

I'm hoping that the mods will let this thread keep going so people like me can post stuff when they are either inebriated, over-excited or simply don't know where to post.

I had the best brew day today I have ever had. Totally relaxed and experimented with lots of interesting stuff that I hope would be of interest to those aspiring to AG but you'd have to be pretty brave to start a new topic on even one of the experiments I did today!

I'll test the waters and say, 'Anyone want to hear how I went on mashing 4kg of grain in 45lts of mash water?'

EDIT: Deleted 2 whole paras of non-frivoulous stuff - cool!

Outside in my Keg freezer - Having a coldroom installed shortly, so this will become redundant.

keks_inside.jpg

cheers Ross

I'd like to know anyway, Pat. I'm 'working' now so any entertainment is good. :beerbang:

Like the idea of a chat thread.

I'll test the waters and say, 'Anyone want to hear how I went on mashing 4kg of grain in 45lts of mash water?'

Yep, i'm interested, especially if the results were good. Make it a new topic, that way all the discussion on the concept will be in one place. Is it a continuation of some of the no-sparge talk in the all-in-one brewery thread? That was some pretty interesting stuff.

Outside in my Keg freezer - Having a coldroom installed shortly, so this will become redundant.

View attachment 8414

cheers Ross

Its a pitty you live in QLD or I would buy that freezer once you have your cool room. Im looking for one to keep kegs in at the moment.

How do you keep the beer in the lines cold to the tap. Do you have some sort of glycol type setup??

How do you keep the beer in the lines cold to the tap. Do you have some sort of glycol type setup??

Yep, it's behind the fridge - 2 of the beers pass through S/S coils in the gycol unit for the couple I serve cold.

Gycol_unit.jpg inside_glycol.jpg

Cheers Ross

Ross,

Was that one of them limited edition World Cup glasses I saw in the back ground of the above picture :p

Looks like you boys had some fun, will have to stop in for sure next time I am up that way.

Cheers

HK

I'd like to know anyway, Pat. I'm 'working' now so any entertainment is good

Sorry Stuster. Had just written a reply here that included some entertainment but made the stupid mistake of pressing the refresh button before I posted it - grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Goatherder, can't write responsibly to that thread until tomorrow - too many Swap beers!

Anyway, the brew I did today was along the lines of the one I did on Wednesday where I mashed in a bag. The picture story can be seen in #72 of this thread.

Today I went even further and mashed 4kg of grain in 45.5lts of water and didn't sparge. Scored 21.2lts at a gravity of 1042! (I way over-shot my estimation on evaporation from my 70lt Robinox but who cares?) What a great result! Something like 82% efficiency compared to the 68% I previously got. Nice clear wort too. Hoping that this method, once the results are tasted, will make it easy for others to have a crack at AG.

(The post I accidentally deleted was a little more coherent than the above but who cares? This is, after all, the frivolous posts thread isn't it?

Great thread Rossco. Well done mate ;)

Wow ross, next time I'm up your way I'll have to make an order on craftbrewer as an excuse to drop by and pick it up in person. that setup is insanely cool

Wow, PP. That's great. Easy and better efficiency. What a combo? Sounds like you may have a method named after you now. :D

Going off topic on the off-topic-topic, GO THE WALLABIES. (Get those throat slitters. :angry: )

Full marks to Mrs Ross dont know how she puts up with the continual source of 'Blowins' :party:

The theory must be at least she can keep an eye on what Ross is up to. ;)

Looks like a good time was had by all .

Pumpy :)

Wow, PP. That's great. Easy and better efficiency. What a combo? Sounds like you may have a method named after you now. :D

Going off topic on the off-topic-topic, GO THE WALLABIES. (Get those throat slitters. :angry: )

Go the Pat Manoevre! Probably beats the hell out of taking one for the team again.

But on to more important things - off topic as always

C'Mon the All Blacks. Hopefully a good game.

RM

Wow, PP. That's great. Easy and better efficiency. What a combo? Sounds like you may have a method named after you now.

Going off topic on the off-topic-topic, GO THE WALLABIES. (Get those throat slitters )

:lol: ROLTFLMAO :lol:

I think there needs to be a smiley to rolling on the floor...

DAMN I hope those Wallabie win, because the wife will not leave me alone if they don't. I guess that is the problem with marrying outside of the Aussie culture. :D (She's a damn kiwi, what was I thinking)

Cheers

HK

A Kiwi, check out her feet, she will have scars on her heels from where they chop off the back toe as they pass through customs.

Go Aus, turn your backs on the HAKA to really piss them off!

Hell :blink:

See todays paper !!

Latest posts

Back