• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

free tv brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time01

Reaction score
anyone interested in a free tv? happy to post pics if need be.

its not a flat screen or anything modern, about 10yrs old, but has remote, decent size and still works.

Probably the most quickly disowned appliance in the history of man those things. Not too long ago you'd pay top dollar for one and it'd be the pride of the living room. Now you can't give them away. Lest we forget...having to get up to change channels.

And they are ******* heavy.. We've one we can't give away either, you need 2 people to move the bloody thing.. Paid a small fortune for it when we got it.. Was a magnificent "flat screen" revolutionary at the time ;)

haha very true lads.

im sure if I put it on the front lawn some pikey will pick it up.

Nah, some pikey will break it open and snap off the copper coil on the back leaving you with a lead lined piece of e-waste to dispose of with no redeeming scrap value.

Try and get a new tv to last 10 years now.

crt tellies.jpg

wynnum1 said:
Try and get a new tv to last 10 years now.
I've just given my old 42 inch Dick Smith LCD to my stepdaughter, it's about 9 years old and was nearly 2 grand new. Works as new, but it's been in the spare room for a year unused because it's such a small tv, not LED and not Full HD.

Next one to go will be my 50 inch Pana plasma because it's not 4k, not smart and way too small for modern viewing.

Then in 5 years time............

treadmill.jpg

We are a greedy wasteful pack a bastards, we throw away perfectly good working stuff to have the latest. Yes I'm guilty also.

The other day I went into Office Works to buy new printer cartridges, for $1.00 more I could have bought a new printer the same as I had (cartridges included). I refused to do this and bought the cartridges, the world can not continue to operate like this.

OK back to beer.

Had the same dilemma recently until I was told the cartridges that come with the new printer aren't full size apparently. Bought refills off the internet for half the price and twice the size.

The ink cartridges in new printers are not full ones. There is enough ink for the family to print a few scanned face/bum pics but not much more.

Rob.P said:
The ink cartridges in new printers are not full ones. There is enough ink for the family to print a few scanned face/bum pics but not much more.
OK I could buy a new printer with reduced cartridges included for $1.00 more. Still seems wrong to me somehow.

I know printers are sold because we will buy replacement cartridges and that's where their profit margin is. I just believe this has to stop one day.

Off the hug a tree.

It surprises me that there are still printers and ink shops.

The paperless office
The cashless society
Total gender equality

No child to live in poverty

Not to mention: the cheque is in the mail, I'll still respect you in the morning..................

And the world will live in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8

:icon_offtopic: My tv in my brew cave is a 14"CRT (phillips) excellent picture.hooked up to SetTop Box.works well.all it cost me was the box. :icon_cheers: .

Printers are actually one item that have a planned obsolescence schedule. Many of our electronic goods these days have them; ever wondered why your new 'smart' phone starts to play up around the 20 month mark of a 24 month contract???!!!

Latest posts

Back