Free Tettnang Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No harm in trying!

Cheers

1. Chappo
2. lokpikn
3. JamesCraig
4. CM2
5. Hutch
6. Cocko
7. QLD Kev
8. Brewer
9. maple
10. JLM
11. richy
12. Daemon
13. Ronin
14. Cracka
15. Swinging Beef
16. Reg
17. marlow_coates
18. jeff E
19. itmechanic

Wait list
20. cozmocracker
21. Rook
22. Hawkesy
24. Unterberg
25. manticle

I was brewing yesterday... the first day I brewed without having ahb on and look what I miss out on.

Love your work John.

Could people sending me envelopes put their AHB user name on it so I know who is who, I can cross them off my list as I go and make sure everyone is dealt with correctly.

Thanks

John

Putting mine in the mail tomorrow, will do.

Put mine in the mail today. I did put my name on a piece of paper and a scratchie for you. But now that i think of it a nsw scratcie may not be any good for you. O well its the thought that counts and if you do win it big buy me a beer.

Thanks heaps FJ and hope to be able to do the same in a few years.

Lokpikn

Mine is in todays post (wife starts early) and there is some extra $$ in there for you.

Thanks

QldKev

Just correcting my username

Cheers

1. Chappo
2. lokpikn
3. JamesCraig
4. CM2
5. Hutch
6. Cocko
7. QLD Kev
8. Brewer
9. maple
10. jlm
11. richy
12. Daemon
13. Ronin
14. Cracka
15. Swinging Beef
16. Reg
17. marlow_coates
18. jeff E
19. itmechanic

Wait list
20. cozmocracker
21. Rook
22. Hawkesy
24. Unterberg

Hi Fraser_John,
can you please add me to the waiting list. If still going

Brett

Damn it a missed out but Nice work FJ good to see genorousity & good will still exist we salute you :super:

Wanted to revive this thread to show appreciation for the free hops rhizome.

Has been sitting in my fridge in the package it was sent in. Wrapped in moist newspaper, inside a plastic bag. Has not moved.

Got it out on saturday to plant and check this out..

P1010169.JPG
Growing out of the plastic bag... eager bugger
P1010170.JPG

Nice little shoot too.

P1010172.JPG
And this is it's entirety. With good root growth, and another shoot ready to burst through...
Dog is supervising.

This one is going in the pot that last year grew a rhizome the same size, into the monster in the next photo, which has earned a spot in the ground this year.

P1010175.JPG

Cant wait for this beauty to start shooting. Has plenty of little buds starting too.

Happy hop growing season, and cheers again FJ for the freeby.

Marlow

I was a little too eager to get mine potted early July, and it's now heading for the sky - Need to start thinking about training it to something soon!

Tettnang__August_2009_.jpg

I'll take good care of her FJ.
Thanks again :icon_cheers:
Hutch.

just curious. Are hops rizomes acailable across Australia. I mean can you buy any at nurseries and places like that?.. if they sell you tomato seeds wouldn't they sell hops?.

just curious. Are hops rizomes acailable across Australia. I mean can you buy any at nurseries and places like that?.. if they sell you tomato seeds wouldn't they sell hops?.
Your best bet is to have a look on ebay. They tend to sell for a few months over winter, and typically fetch $20 - $60 each (bidding wars tend to drive up the price of popular varieties, like Cascade).

Not sure about nurseries or the like - a bit too niche for them I would think.

View attachment 29987
And this is it's entirety. With good root growth, and another shoot ready to burst through...
Dog is supervising.

This one is going in the pot that last year grew a rhizome the same size, into the monster in the next photo, which has earned a spot in the ground this year.

View attachment 29988

Cant wait for this beauty to start shooting. Has plenty of little buds starting too.

Happy hop growing season, and cheers again FJ for the freeby.

Marlow

Man, the photo of your dog supervising has made my night! What an awesome pic. I'm sure it won't seem so funny when I wake up tomorrow arvo, but right now, gold...

Latest posts

Back