Free Tettnang Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
I wondered why my tettnang this year produced no flowers..this is why...I had not pruned back the emerging shoots and just let it grow crazy, the hop growing guide says trim to 4 shoots only!

Remember this for next year.

Back on topic however, I have 19 good sized Tettnang rhizomes to give away, thats right GIVE AWAY!

First 19 to respond to this thread with a hands up gets them, please don't PM as then its a hassle to find out who got in first and then everyone else knows when they are all gone.

You will need to send me a padded, self addressed envelope, not sure how much postage, but put a $5 on it to be sure. I will PM my address details when the 19 are taken.

Some are big, some are small (thumb length), the smaller ones will grow fine in a pot their first year, the larger ones can go right in the ground. Don't ask me which one you want, it doesn't work that way.

Those people that have sent me envelopes for the other free hops (POR & Goldings), I have kept aside rhizomes for you guys and will pack them in the same envelopes unless you tell me otherwise!!!! (Sorry Reg....dug these up a little late for you!!)

Happy growing

John

FreeTett_001s.jpg

St. fraser_john

Patron Saint of Hops Rhizomes

I am cool for Tett, but good going mate!

FJ I'll take one thanks mate. I see if it will survive until next year when i should have somewhere to plant it.

good samaritan FJ. your welcome to a pint at my place anytime

Pick me! Pick me!

Cheers Fraser John. Most generous!

Hey what size shoe are ya? I could do with a right boot bloody dog chewed mine... :angry:

Thanks a lot for this FJ you are the patron saint of good hoppiness!

Cheers

Chappo

I'm keen if there are any left !!
Good on ya bloke for spreading the love !!
Cheers
Doug

I'll grab one to please, if still avail.

Thanks

QldKev

My hand is well and truly up if there's any left!! Nice one...

Any issue with sending it to WA?

fraser john have just spoken to "brewer" from sydney , he is in the process of logging on .. can i put his name down for one while he is gettin here

1. Chappo
2. bizier
3. lokpikn
4. JamesCraig
5. Barramundi
6. CM2
7. Hutch
8. Cocko
9. Doogiechap
10. QLD Kev
11. Kaiser Soze
12. Brewer
13. maple

I am not after one, it can go to ol' Simon Ellis.

1. Chappo
3. lokpikin
4. JamesCraig
5. Barra
6. CM2
7. Hutch
8. Cocko
9. Doogiechap
10. Qldkev
11. Brewer

1. Chappo
2. bizer
3. lokpikin
4. JamesCraig
5. Barra
6. CM2
7. Hutch
8. Cocko
9. Doogiechap
10. Qldkev
11. Brewer
12. jlm

Lucky I stopped in at home for lunch......

those maintaining a list (thanks for that), you can yank Barra from it, he already has an envelope coming to me for some other freebies and I have a rhizome set aside for him already.

everyone use this list

1. Chappo
2. lokpikn
3. JamesCraig
4. CM2
5. Hutch
6. Cocko
7. Doogiechap
8. QLD Kev
9. Kaiser Soze
10. Brewer
11. maple