• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free chest freezer Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossbaker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm getting rid of this chest freezer as it is struggling to get below 4 deg. See my earlier post:

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/85129-chest-freezer-not-chilling/?p=1264891

It's not cold enough for a keezer, but I'm sure it would make a good fermentation chamber for someone who is looking to get one started.

Location is Highett, sms me if interested on 0481393107. I'll probably chuck it on the nature strip in a few days.

Ross

image.jpg

Otherwise they make for good grain storage. Mine houses about 3 full bags plus odds and sods.

rossbaker said:
It's not cold enough for a keezer
Ross, why would you want/need a keezer to get below 4C??? Sure, the unit MAY be on it's way out (bear in mind it's not designed to run empty, which it sounds like you're currently doing), but 10C would be an ideal serving temp. IMHO.

MartinOC said:
Ross, why would you want/need a keezer to get below 4C??? Sure, the unit MAY be on it's way out (bear in mind it's not designed to run empty, which it sounds like you're currently doing), but 10C would be an ideal serving temp. IMHO.
I like my beer colder than that. I also liked how efficient it SHOULD be running a freezer at fridge temps, except this one was running all the time trying to get down to my desired temp and I imagine it would have been chewing up a bit of electricity. I just picked up a newer, bigger one on gumtree that fits an extra keg so this one is surplus to my needs and taking up space that i don't have to spare.

Latest posts

Back