Franko's Brewstand Construction

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franko, after the first run or two I would not imagine there would be too much paint left on the frame around that monsterous looking burner mate! ;)

cheers

Browndog

Franko, after the first run or two I would not imagine there would be too much paint left on the frame around that monsterous looking burner mate! ;)

cheers

Browndog

Thats ok,
I just can wait to fire the thing up

Hey Franko , Looking good buddy.. I'm a way back but following along similar lines to both you and Tony. In your first post you have a close up of a 3 piece tap and extention. I'm onto taps but not the rest of the bits for weldless. Any tips you want to share?? Or more pics of the inside bits... I have sockets and bits for welding in for the HLT element Its just finding SS for the weldless..
Thanks man.. :D
:beer:

Definetely looking good Franko.Keenly waiting for more pics as you progress.

Cheers
Big D

FNQ Bunyip,

Here are some shots of how Ive put it together.

I have used 1/2 INCH Fittings that are chrome/nickel plated and are easily found at your local hardware store.

Will eventually replace these with stainless fittings in the near future

fittingsetupguide.jpg

glasstop.jpg

Burnerfitting.jpg

kegtop.jpg

fittingsready2.jpg

Franko Thank you, great post very clear now...

mmmm oh for 2 1/2" SS extentions and back nuts.. The search continues...
I do a bit with a mate who is a local plumber and can get all those bits straight out of his truck after a days work over a couple of beers,, So I might just go the same way for the time being.
I'm off to town today(don't get out much) to get hole saw and a few bits. and to Cairns in a couple of weeks for my burners..

Thanks again
:beer:

Excellent pics Franko - the Trough Lolly brewstand is on the drawing board too! Will hopefully get some construction done soon - just gotta paint the garage out to keep the missus happy and the brewstand is next on the construction line.
I've been hassling Pumpy about his design for ages so he's probably getting withdrawals from not getting a daily email from me!!

Cheers,
TL

Franko,

Red ,silver, black, gold ,wait till the steam starts blowing out that chimney Casey Franko at the BB Brewery !

TL ,

I am now getting some work done since the emails stopped :blink:

pumpy :)

Just some more progress pics of the Brewery coming together.
Got the Aluminium sheets from a mate and lined the rear and floor panel with it.
Looks like a bit of polishing coming my way this week to get it looking chrome like the rest.
Franko

brewstandfloor2.jpg

brewstandfloor.jpg

wwhhooaaaa,top marks,a little ripper of a set up :beerbang: ..cheers..spog..

I can see some anxious moments when you first use it and get it dirty. :p

Just like the new Landcruiser owner taking it offroad for the first time.

Franko less time polishing and more time brewing it should be finished by now .

Pumpy :)

Nice workmanship there Franko.

When's the big day ?

Yard

All good things take time Pumpy hopefully with a few "kid free days" it will come along a bit quicker

Franko less time polishing and more time brewing it should be finished by now .

Pumpy :)

sounds like a plan to me Pumpy!!!

Grab

Grab Poor Franko , he should build a Kindergarden rather than a Brewery at least it wont interfere with the babysitting .

Never mind Franko you are such a perfectionist ,Looking great , you will see it glinting in the sun from outer space .

Pumpy ;)

just out of curiosity,what is the set up price of one of these home brewerys :) .

Looking at some of ur links these setups look like a lot of hard thinking that would hurt my brain :eek:

Me being a tree climber/lopper and not a brain surgeon i dont think i have the intellectual capacity to run one of these machines :(

is this whats required to do an AG brew? or are these just the bees knees of an AG brew?

kingVB :excl:

just out of curiosity,what is the set up price of one of these home brewerys :) .

Looking at some of ur links these setups look like a lot of hard thinking that would hurt my brain :eek:

Me being a tree climber/lopper and not a brain surgeon i dont think i have the intellectual capacity to run one of these machines :(

is this whats required to do an AG brew? or are these just the bees knees of an AG brew?

kingVB :excl:

Nah, see the brew in a bag thread.

Back