Found some spare yeast...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinWalruss

Reaction score
Hey all,

Finally got my brewing kit out after my move a year ago, cleaned up and making some christmas mead! It's good to be back playing with booze...

Anyways in my parusing of my supplies I found, sitting in the back of my fridge, some yeasts. Some S04 and a sachet from a kit of morgans to be precise. Given how long mead takes (a LONG time!) and that I have no real idea how good/old this stuff is (Can't see any expiry date), I figured it was time to don my crazy hat and try for some cheap and dirty cider, safeway juice style!

However, having not ventured into the world of ciders I have some questions for those that have, namely;

-I know not to use juice with preservitives, but beyond that can anyone make recomendations as to tasty beverages with which to experiment?

-my 5 litre demis are all occupied with mead atm, as are my airlocks. Given my bank account has been somewhat drained by uni textbooks, 12 kilos of honey and assorted sundries, AND I have the flu and do NOT feel like the 20km trip to the brew shop can anyone offer advice re alternative container arrangements? My current plan is in the bottle with ye olde punctured party balloon, any advice on this method, or cheap alternatives using home/safeway supplies?

-Other ingredients: Anything else I should play with beyond juice, nutrients and yeast? Fun extras to be added? I Have some nutmeg left over from the mead somewhere...

Much thanks in advance, and happy brewing!

Al.

Latest posts

Back