mines a pint.....anyone want one ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spotarama

Reaction score
hiya all, just got back into brewing after a few failed attempts back in the 80s ( you know the sort of thing, using cheap kit cans, sugar, no proper controls, drink it as soon as possible, sh1tty sediment etc as well as a nasty medical emergency that required many stitches)

i'm onto my 5th kit now with excellent results so far, a heinekin that came out as an amber ale..., a dark ale, a black and tan and still in the barrels are a carlsberg elephant and a munich lager

the heinekin was excellent as are the dark and B&T, much enjoying the fruits of my labours

for some reason the missus used to complain about me buying beer all the time, now shes moaning about the dishwasher being full of empties being recycled for their next use, although the PET bottles seem to deform a bit with the heat

going to head to the local HBS in boronia ( eastern burbs melbourne) to choose something else new to try on the weekend, shall await inspiration when i get there. i live up in the hills so i do have a problem with temps being much lower than down on the flat so i t seems to take a bit longer for things to happen

i did do a lot of 'prison hooch ' cider using aldi juice and champagne yeast and thats what drew me into the beery dark side. going to have another go at a batch of cider soon as its been a while and i do miss it

anyway i shall be using the forum to glean much info i'm sure

cheers spotty

Latest posts

Back