Forgot To Rinse Pink Stain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Retro Ghetto Meister
Reaction score
I made a batch of sparkling ale on Sunday and no chilled.

I asked my brother to ferment it for me as I am time poor this week and won't get a chance to put it down. His garage is a constant 22 degrees which is a plus! Apparently he said he rinsed the fermenter out with pink stain remover and let it drip out for a while then filled the fermenter with the wort. He forgot to rinse out the remaining pink stain residue :blink:

Fingers crossed the concentration will be so low that it won't have an effect on the beer/fermentation and it will all be ok. I was just curious to see if anyone else had done something similar, and how it turned out.

:icon_offtopic:
It will be known as a Sparkling Pink.

Sorry no help thou. Not sure, but I think it should be ok. The only problems is that would mean the fermentor was not sanatised?

QldKev

edit: Just thought about it, that stuff is chlorine based, so sanatisation will be ok. The issue will be you are very likely to have off tasting beer. you will probably find out what the term band-aid is all about. :icon_vomit:

i would have thought that PSR is pretty nasty stuff (if unrinsed)?

I'm envisaging a taste similar to that of when you're drinking water in the pool, and you manage to get a bit of pool water in your beer? :p

Wait..You do mean the pink sanitiser right? or is this something else?

I think it will be ok. It's basically just an alkaline salt with cocrystallised chlorine. It is fine for sanitising with.

I think at the concentrations that would have been present it will be fine. The chlorine should get scrubbed out by the fermentation.

Back