Force Carb 50L Ambient keg to run through an Icebank.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wealsy22

Reaction score
Hey guys, have been reading different topics and opinions on force carbing here and I'm pretty sure with what I need to do however…

Ive got an icebank unit which ive set to double run through the stainless coils which would total about 32 meters in length before it hits the taps.

I've got a 50L Keg (legally aquired) which I plan to fill with my Coopers homebrew (lager that comes with the DIY kit)

I was going to set the pressure to 30psi and rock for 2 minutes, sit for a day then test.

Currently my pouring pressure is 30psi (for commercial kegs), does the above method sound right? Or would I need to force carb at a higher pressure due to the length between keg and tap?
The kegs will always be at an Ambient Temp.

Cheers.

theres quite a lengthy thread on force carbonating under gear & equipment mate, maybe have a read through there & if no luck try posting it again in that section?

Unfortunately i can't comment as i have no experience with 50ltr kegs (except for emptying a few at my 21st!) :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back