Forbidden Fruit Discontinued?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincleanoff

Kings Cross Brewery
Reaction score
I was at the Taphouse in Darlinghurst on Saturday night, and was told the Forbidden Fruit is not going to be around much longer.

Apparently the suppliers have none left, so it is just what is left on the shelves..

Don't really have any other info other than that.. but the guy sounded fairly certain this was happening

anyone else heard this? Shame if true... great beer.

I was at the Taphouse in Darlinghurst on Saturday night, and was told the Forbidden Fruit is not going to be around much longer.

Apparently the suppliers have none left, so it is just what is left on the shelves..

Don't really have any other info other than that.. but the guy sounded fairly certain this was happening

anyone else heard this? Shame if true... great beer.
That has seriously got to be a load of bollocks.... I hope.

well it was one of the bar staff there who I used to go to school with.

He knows his beers

Going the same was as Unibroue then?

'Hoegaarden De Verboden Vrucht' probably gives away the name of the brewery. :ph34r:

Going the same was as Unibroue then?

'Hoegaarden De Verboden Vrucht' probably gives away the name of the brewery. :ph34r:

I was thinking it couild be Hoegaarden's forbidden fruit, but... I really don't see why they would want to discontinue it. The beer no longer being imported into Australia I can believe, but not the beer itself being discontinued.

I tried to buy one at Doma in Pott's Point on Friday, and was told that "they're not bringing it in to the country". I just presumed there were some crossed wires there and shrugged it off.

Who imports it? Can we ask them?

yes the Hoegaarden De Verboden Vrucht.

I too found it hard to believe, but the guy was adamant that not only is it not going to be imported, production will be stopping.

I STILL find it hard to believe.. But I was with my mate who works at First Choice at the same time, and when he mentioned that he had a few cases of the Forbidden Fruit in stock, this guy wanted to buy everything First Choice has in stock.

Cant say ive ever liked the Forbidden Fruit, might have to go out and try it again, just to be sure :icon_drunk:

From the Hoegaarden Wikipedia article:

Forbidden Fruit
RIP greatest beer ever

It's no longer listed on Hoegaarden's official site under products... creepy.

Im guessing it's probably more profitable to just make more Hoegaarden draught in place of it.

Okay, I think it would be wise for people to post their best Forbidden Fruit recipes here now.

grand cru is being deleted too

:ph34r: Well thats a sure sign that brewery is quickly on their way to becoming a mega swill extraordinaire

I quite liked the grand cru <_<

grand cru is being deleted too

now that is well shit...

I can live without forbidden fruit, but grand cru? That was one of the first 'expensive' beers that I ever bought...lovely beer that one.

Rumour or not...it just goes to show you what the majority want.

Cheers
Phil

Back