For the penny pinchers.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBigD

Reaction score
Having decided to do the coopers recipe for a Russian imperial stout on the cheap I headed over to Dan murphy's to pick up some OS cans of stout and dark ale to go with the lager that came with the 2nd FV that I got on the last run out sale from Kmart. I was surprised at the pricing $8.90 for the OS and $10.90 for the international series nice! I grabbed a can of stout however they were out of Dark ale, never mind, I thought to myself ill just head over to BigW and get one priced matched and after a short drive low and behold they obliged and matched from the usual price of $13.

That would have to be the cheapest I've seen Cans that were not on sale I know I should support the LHBS but things are a bit tight ATM. Its going to be one cheap RIS

apologies if these prices have been posted I did do a search.

Regards
don

Which Dan Murphy store are you getting your coopers brew cans

I assume OS is ordinary series

Menai, but not all stores stock it if their isn't one near you surely you have a BigW that will price match, I just showed them the Dan murphys price on my smart phone

If you do a search on their on line store it will tell you which stores closest to you that have stock.

TheBigD said:
Menai, but not all stores stock it if their isn't one near you surely you have a BigW that will price match, I just showed them the Dan murphys price on my smart phone

If you do a search on their on line store it will tell you which stores closest to you that have stock.
I knew it was happening but my nearest store was 2o ks away

down the coast now , sometimes come home thru Menai

thanks

I go to menai Dans all the time! Where is the home brew section? Never seen it!

Dan's prices in Adelaide the same at selected stores only, eg at Marion but not on sale at Westfields, Noarlunga. International cans at Big W are $15 so the $4.10 difference per can is no " penny pinchers" Are Big W cans same price elsewhere.
Cheers

Menai home brew far left corner as you walk in, I fear it will be cleaned out tomorrow lol.

Yeah Coopers OS $13 and international $15 in BigW sydney stores.

I'm tempted to get a few more but I'm stocked with kegs and cans at the moment and me wanting to do more full extracts aswell I don't want the tins sitting around for to long not getting used.

All the Dan Murphy's in my area do not stock any coopers homebrew products.

You can order on line, they state "pick and collect" free all locations however don't know if this applies if they don't stock it. Maybe worth checking.
Cheers

Prices have now gone back up however I still managed to pick up a can of international lager as the price was still marked $10.90 on the shelve.

I tried the Coopers RIS reciepe back in the day.

Be sure to make a reasonably large yeast starter and aerate really well. I didn't and I suspect that's why mine still tastes like vegemite even after 2 years to mellow in the bottle.

Latest posts

Back