Quantcast

Food Gardening

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Reaction score
All my spuds are in, hectic couple of days getting the beds ready, all the Brassicaceae are doing great chili seeds starting to poke through as is the tomatoes well on their way.
Finally Mr Fothergil has got Sun Gold tomatoes into Australia, only 5 seeds to a packet but looking forward to trying them.
001.JPG

002.JPG

Reaction score
Tonight a couple of Pork shoulder chops with apple sauce, a few neeps, well swede really, some snowball cauliflower which is starting to go to seed, broccolini, (under the swede) and some fresh garden peas. I will mash the swede with some spuds.
003.JPG

I used to feel sorry for those in Europe who didn't get to taste spuds, (prior to Sir Walter Raleigh) inventing them but swede is something else.

Reaction score
Went to the Garden Centre in Braeside, they had a wall of chilli took some home and planted the seed, have got a ship load. knew they weren't Birds Eye. Planted some in planter boxes got heaps growing on in pots, rang up the Garden Centre to ask them the name of the chilli. Medusa they tell me, look up Medusa, no heat and about the same as a capsicum. Deflated, will just have to add them to salads.
Got plenty of Birds Eye, Cayenne and Habanero though.
004.JPG

Medusa, it was a lot quicker germinating than the other chillies though.

kadmium

Reaction score
Shattering. A name like Medusa you would think they have some bite!

I have some Archos, Poblanos, Anaheims, Serranos and Chocolate Morugas at the moment.

Latest posts