Food Gardening

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aha, no that's the plant also known as the "Swiss Cheese Plant" and they grow like a palm.
I await impatiently.

Hooks or loops?

wide eyed and legless said:
Read of a good tip yesterday, in another thread we were discussing snails and copper tape, well apparently they will not go over Velcro tape either.
That copper tape is useless. Either that or I have really tough snails. The sort that enjoy testing 9v batteries on their tongues.

Velcro sounds interesting though....

Bribie G said:
I name thee green fingers. I just love food production.

Hey, can anyone I.D. my mystery tree?
I've recently moved into a place in Kyogle (Sub Tropical Northern NSW) and there are two absolutely jaw dropping massive trees, the same size, with huge canopies, that I assumed were both mangoes. One of them certainly is, and is now sporting quite a few tiny mangoes. The other has heaps of what look like mangoes from a distance, but up close they are obviously not mangoes.

The mango has the typical rough brown bark, the other massive tree has a smooth silvery bark and the fruits look like this: they are currently the size of a very small olive.
Obviously my main concern is whether they are edible or not. Not to mention what da fukathey.

attachicon.gif
mango tree not fruit.jpg

Mango tree

attachicon.gif
mango tree.jpg

Not Mango tree

attachicon.gif
mango tree not.jpg
Look like lychees, gold mine if they are, absolutely ******* delicious

just let me know when they turn red and will come and pick (err eat) for you

Gave my veggie patches a good watering yesterday arvo as its going to hit 39 degrees ,I'm expecting to lose a few seedlings.

That looks terrible Kingy.

Meat person right here.

If someone served me that I'd back hand them.

Well done with the garden though. :D

shaunous said:
That looks terrible Kingy.

Meat person right here.

If someone served me that I'd back hand them.

Well done with the garden though. :D
Thanks for the chuckle.

My (dwarf) apricot has started developing a brown marking on the skins.

oz77voVl.jpg

It's a second year plant, but we didn't get any fruit on it last year, as it was still a baby.

Any ideas what it is, and what I should treat it with?

You can't treat it, its scab a fungal disease, usually have to pull them out, Google it and see if there is a prevention or pull it out if you have other trees it could spread to.

Awesome, thanks for that. Read the previous post, was definitely not looking forward to having to pull it out.

Will see how it goes this season, and treat with the spray once winter hits.

Latest posts

Back