First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
I haven't brewed since Sunday.

The larger Coles stores do a good range of fresh Indian and Italian in trays you can microwave - I lived on them when I stayed at the Y in Sydney.
Yes and very nice too. I got some of the Naan garlic bread and was very impressed. Yet to try the Chicken Tikka Masala.

winkle said:
:eek: A cry for help if ever there was one.
Get over here Thursday arvo.
That might not happen but I'll see what I can do.

Sort of saving myself to your AHA brew day in a week or two, planning to bring my rig along and break all AHA rules by brewing something they don't want me to brew.

Florian, just a heads up, Aldi have "Nuremberg Bratwurst" in their super specials meat section, little ones about 12 to a pack for $4-5, work out at $12 a kilo. Can't wait to have a few with my new kraut-chi for afternoon snakkies tomorrow.

Florian said:
That might not happen but I'll see what I can do.

Sort of saving myself to your AHA brew day in a week or two, planning to bring my rig along and break all AHA rules by brewing something they don't want me to brew.
All good :) - I'll have to sub some grain in the Mild anyway.

Tropical_Brews said:
PVR users who try to skip forward to bypass commercials when they are on live TV.
Hey sometimes we forget that we are on live tv! especially after a couple of home brews have been consumed!

Almost immediately after I complimented Deja Vu on playing Portishead they started playing Cake instead. I almost don't even like beer anymore.

Bribie G said:
Florian, just a heads up, Aldi have "Nuremberg Bratwurst" in their super specials meat section, little ones about 12 to a pack for $4-5, work out at $12 a kilo. Can't wait to have a few with my new kraut-chi for afternoon snakkies tomorrow.
there's a real first world problem:

I'd love to buy some, but i still got about 10 - 15 of those packs in the freezer from when they had them last October.
if i would've known they were selling them that soon again i would have bought less last time and eaten fresh ones now instead.

EDIT: Winkle, might bring some along to the brew day if you get the barbie going?

peas_and_corn said:
The 'First World Problem of the Month' in CM's signature is more than a month old.
Sorry, this is the wrong thread to complain about What Pisses Me Off on this forum.

Nevermind, go ahead.

WarmBeer said:
Sorry, this is the wrong thread to complain about What Pisses Me Off on this forum.

Nevermind, go ahead.
I guess the FWPT is the new WPMOT. I'm glad that's sorted because it's Saturday and I now know where to go later tonight.

My gas bottle ran out with 5 minutes left on the boil. Boil off wasn't as high as normal as a result (weaker boil towards the end) and I didn't notice. I had a spare gas bottle so no dramas there. My 6.2% beer will only be 6% now.

Most food cans these days come in ring pull tins. Why do they need instructions on how to open are we all morons?

Watch people try to use self serve checkouts for five minutes and I'm sure you'll realise the answer to that.

Seen a gut at work one time try squeezing a sauce packet while he was reading it and it was facing him......

Tropical_Brews said:
Most food cans these days come in ring pull tins. Why do they need instructions on how to open are we all morons?
Not if they are made in New Zealand - Watties etc are all old can opener jobs. And they never mastered the toothpaste tube with the attached cap, all theirs are screw on / screw off.

But their 1.25L scrumpy cider at 8% AVB for $5 rocks like you would not believe.

3 kegs blow on the same night, oh the humanity. Now I have to lift those two full kegs next to the fridge and replace the empty ones, I will now only have 3 beers on tap for a couple of weeks FFS.

Pizza stuck to Coles brand baking paper. Friggin cheap shit. Damn the people that buy them.
On the + side, my friends happily scraped the soft bread and toppings off the stuck crust and gobbled it all. No crusts to eat though :( next time, I'm bringing paper with me when I cook at somebody's.

Latest posts

Back