First time Brewer in Brissy!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlyf

Reaction score
Hey lads. I've had my brew kit for about 18months and never done a thing with it. Last night I was bored as and I thought I'd clean the rig and brew! I am most scared about catching some disease or illness from home brewing as I've heard horror stories but I hope with the help of this forum I'll be able to brew some beauties. I'm 26, living in Brisbane but a mad keen Geelong Cats supporter. It's great to be here and hopefully I'll have photos of my bottling skills in a weeks time! I'll add some pics when I figure out how on my phone.
Cheers!

http://imgur.com/PNxdemk

Hi lowlyf. Good to see you're using your kit. I've been brewing for quite a few years but at a basic level and can say I've never had a beer I couldn't drink. In saying that just be wary if you have an extract tin that's out of date. Best using fresh cans and ingredients. Just be nice and clean with all your gear and you should produce a beer that will be quite drinkable and get you thinking of bigger and better things. There's plenty of info here and if you can't find it just ask.

Welcome to the forum mate, great to here of another mad Cats supporter in Brissy. Good luck with your first home brew, there's a wealth of knowledge here to tap into.

Go Cats

Best weather to be brewing in if you dont have a temp control fridge!

The only disease or bug you'll catch from home brewing is the desire to do more of it. ;)

Welcome mate, hope you can get some kickarse brews going! I'm not a Geelong supporter but I do enjoy the AFL, don't mind the Cats though depending on who they're playing. :p

Cheers for the welcome guys. Really appreciate it. Also does anyone know how to post a photo from the android app? Did my imgur pic work?

Cheers!

What you posted was a link. I can see the image from the link. But the image itself didn't show in your post.

Lowlyf said:
Also does anyone know how to post a photo from the android app? Did my imgur pic work?

Cheers!
That's a little fancy for here Lowlyf! :D

What area in Brisbane are you? There are several brew clubs around which are excellent resources for new and old brewers. There are also quite a few guys who enjoy talking while making beer from all over the place.

Not sure any of them will help with your poor choice of sport though :lol: :lol:

Parks said:
What area in Brisbane are you? There are several brew clubs around which are excellent resources for new and old brewers. There are also quite a few guys who enjoy talking while making beer from all over the place.

Not sure any of them will help with your poor choice of sport though :lol: :lol:
North side mate. Chermside area.
Now now, don't know the greatest sport on earth. That's for another day around a table sinking brew.

P. S. Also a mad NFL supporter if that helps? Lol

Hey mate, ay least you're on a good side of town. If you want it I've got a Coopers English Bitter kit here you can have, and I'm dropping a brew down on saturday morning if you want to come over. Drop us a PM if you want .

I'm knocking up an AG ESB right now!

You could probably smell it from your place Pierre!!!!

Hehe was wondering about that Diggs...the bar 'round the corner in Farrant St is looking real close to be ready tio open too mate. On saturday morning I'm christening my 3V setup with a coffee imperial stout. Ready to bottle the morning of the case swap. :lol:

There's a bar in Farrant?? Finally my rain dances have paid off!

Near the dentist?

Lol...no, around the corner along near the convenience shop. Bar and cuisine, regul;ars on tap plus S & W and Kosciusko so the bloke was sayin' a couple months back....gonna go fer a wander up there today and see if he's there and get a specific opening date.

I am rain dancing that they don't consider JS craft beer and leave it at that, fingers crossed!

Great news, you've made my day - going for a ride later will make sure i go past it.

Lol...it's what I do mate. If you want a beer on the ride drop by, the festiva is parked out the front.

Unfortunately Im working, so no beer! Keen to check out the 3V at some stage though, when are you brewing tomorrow?

Latest posts

Back