Quantcast

First Partial Mash - Thumbs Up

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

wardy

Reaction score
To everyone who has shared their knowledge and inspired me to get on the way to partial/all grain extract... i just want to say thanks.

Last night i did my first partial with great success. I used 2.2 kg pale malt, 500g munich, 150g caramunich, 100g crystal, 50g chocolate... all in the esky for an hour and 15min. Drained via the copper manifold recirculated once, then added another 4l of hot water, sloshed it around and drained again.

I was surprised at how easy it was, and how distinctively fresh and different the wort was. Already the aroma and taste is significantly different to all extract brewing i have done. I can't wait to taste the results.

Anyone thinking about progressing from all extract brewing should do it!! i procrastinated for months, but after doing it found it pretty easy and much more satisfying to have produced wort from grain. now i am much closer to all grain!

thanks to everyone again

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Well Done Wardy.

Did you let it sit and settle for 10-15mins after sloshing it around before draining....

wardy

Reaction score
i will pay more attention to that next time, i think i only let it sit for another 5 min or so. time was getting on... started at 6:30pm and finished at 10:30pm.

joecast

Eat, drink...and drink some more.
Reaction score
great work wardy,
and the best part is yet to come. enjoying the "fruits" of your labor.
joe

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
onya wardy.good to hear it went well.the adventure continues :)

big d

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
Good one Wardy. Another one in the "grain club"

Latest posts